Should future BF have leaning and thingy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should future BF have leaning and thingy

Should Dice have the leaning and that thing like DF BHD in ps2 like when crouch and peek up abit

Leaning would be handy when checking corners.

Comment

No.

There is a simple method, just run out then run back.

'Peeking' would just make another annoying feature and make people harder to kill, and at the same time, make things more slow paced and clumsy, so a tank comes along and sends you flying. ( If i do recall some site or guide said "BF2 is no splinter cell and the 'looking round corner trick' used in tactical games will not work here" )

It works for SOCOM but this is no stealth game. God knows why you need a silenced pistol.

Comment

YES!!!:nod:

Comment

thats the only thing thats missing IMO, and if the first expansion focuses on infantry I think it should be added in, that or if a mod team could add it in. It would make smaller maps, and more urban ones better for the soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz
            No.

There is a simple method, just run out then run back.

'Peeking' would just make another annoying feature and make people harder to kill, and at the same time, make things more slow paced and clumsy, so a tank comes along and sends you flying.

It works for SOCOM but this is no stealth game. God knows why you need a silenced pistol.
            yeah but peeking is easier

Comment

example

press Q to lean left and press E to lean right

Comment

Originally posted by Super Six Three
                yeah but peeking is easier
                So you are saying. Standing next to a wall holding a button pressing right to peek, is easier than just running out half a meter then back or just edging round the corner prone?

I think it makes people more vuneralbe to knife kills and snipers. Not needed at all unless its going to make it REALLY difficult for people to shoot you when peeking, but then we will get people doing that all the time.

Straightforward no. I have had no problems with it.

Comment

this is more buggier than a junebug

Comment

How would you map all those buttons? Z,Q,E,C,R, etc. etc. are all used. Also it would be hard as hell to hit a guy with half his body behind a wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Daz

I love the silenced pistol. I use it all the time. Its great for being sneaky and nailing people from a short distance and they have no gunfire reference to figure out where you are shooting from.

Comment

BF2 isn't noramlly a stealth game, however that dosen't mean people don't play stealth, what style do you think works for the SF class right now? going in gunz blazing to a NON captureable base? It's used in real life, you spine isn't a rod (unless you've actually had one grafted in for spinal health problems) If you just want to get into the 1 or 2 main fights to get all the kills or deaths yeah you don't want lean as much. But if your squad is trying to get to a enemy base far away on foot, some lean might help them get there alive. It also makes it harder for a tank to identify the soldier, which means they will need to find out if it's a friendly or not before blasting away a little more.

Comment

Battlefield 2:Special Forces is besed on infrantry and sealth so Dice should put it in the game

Comment

Yes its needed. I miss lean. And its not like its unrealistic or anything.....

Comment

I voted no. I don't think it would really add enough to the game to make it worth thinking about.

Not to mention EA has better things to focus on, =P

~Salad

Comment

Working...
                              X