No announcement yet.

Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I am not sure because there could be coincidence. . . however, I am basing my opinion off of one time a flag was under siege, my team held it and then someone requested a supply drop. I got what appeared to be a point when I dropped it and then as all the guys swarmed, my points just went up and up.

Certainly, it is not team average becasue that would mean if your highest point scorer dropped out, you would lose a ton of points.

I'll try to pay closer attention last night. . . but ever since I started doing these things, I started getting much higher commander scores.

Rom,

As I said (just in this response), I could be wrong, but I have watched my team capture a flag and not recieve any points myself.

Comment

Well, those are all good things to do anyways, and I find it rewarding as a commander.

Is there any official word on how commanders get points? Do people have definitive proof of their theories? Has some group done an extensive test, or has someone looked into the game's code?

Comment

try doing a round or 2 without using arty at all those tks make it really hard to get it and you dont gain anything from using (i think), play 64 player maps that are larger for extra tickets tho

Comment

I'd go onto at least a 32 or 64 player map that is predominately infantry based such as SAK, SP or even MC. I got it first try on SAK, but I guess it was real lucky on my part as I had some awesome squads running around, that did as they were told and I kept up with UAV, supplies, enemy spotting and artying the main MEC spawn points whilst the squads kept them held down across the bridge point. Be careful with the arty, warn your side before you launch it and don't use it where you'll get a heap of TK's resulting in lost points for you and probably a munity vote as well.
          If you play SP then try to be the MEC side commander as there'll be plenty of opportunites to also earn many points there with the USMC trying to defend their held flags, which is a hard task at best, since your troops will be coming from 3 main spawn areas for starters.
          MC can also present some good opportunites as a 32 player map option.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzucchini
            someone requested a supply drop. I got what appeared to be a point when I dropped it and then as all the guys swarmed, my points just went up and up.
            I too have heard that mentioned before, if someone 'requests' something, and you follow through, you get points for that action. That would seem to be logical, it might be best tested with people that want to host a server and just practice ways of getting commander points. :hmm:

Comment

You need to get 50 commander points, 28 minutes a commander....and a good group of soliders. Give them orders and every time they capture a flag you get points.

Comment

Originally posted by Amiko_03
                what do you mean?
                There are people that join a server running a high ticket map (64 player maps) with only very few players. The results in almost everyone racking up a very high score in the end because they have a lot of time to kill, capture, and do other things to get points.

Comment

Originally posted by dalemcalpine
                  You need to get 50 commander points, 28 minutes a commander....and a good group of soliders. Give them orders and every time they capture a flag you get points.
                  actually, I watched my team neutralize and capture a base and I didnt get a point. Anyways I just got 50 commander points and got that ribbon (ended the game with 63, which became 127 because my team won). My stats usually update almost instantly but it didnt this time. I hope I get the ribbon...its happened to me before where I joined a server and got an award only to never get it.

Comment

aight thanks guys, gonna go try that stuff out.... tell you the results soon :P

Comment

Working...
                    X