Commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander

hey guys, im trying to get the commander ribbon (50kills 20mins or summin)
    and what is the easiest way to get commander points?
    the most i can get is like 40-43....

help out please

peace

You need about 45 points in one round, or something like that. nothing to do with kills i dont think. I got it when i hit 42 points. All you need is a few good sqauds, to capture flags, they capture flags, you get points. So basically, if you see an enemy taking over a flag, let him, dont arty him, them get a squad to go and retake it, then you get more points. If you just arty him, you will got 0 points. All pretty simple really. The more points your team mates have, the more points you get. Thats how you get points.

EDIT:

i noticed you have the commander badge anyways lol.

Comment

go to a Strike at Karkand server and try it, your can get it easy there

Comment

i always do it there... its my fave map :P
        but i cant seem to get it and eventhough my team has more points, i notice that the other commander has more points than me
        does it have anything to do with the scan,UAV,arty,giving orders?

Comment

Far as I can tell, the ribbon is best acquired by making the game long and forcing your players to get points (aka no arty). Having massive flag swapping the the only way to get this on a normal server. The ticket will run out before the average player score (commander's) reaches 50. However a 16 player running large maps, the average will be around 90. ANd no, there's nothing the commander can do to earn points directly.

Comment

I find Karkand to be the easiest map to earn commander points on.

Comment

does any1 know a server which plays massive tickets? cuz i keep runnin out of time b4 i get to 45 points...

Comment

bump.

Comment

Don't try to cheat yourself to get it.

Comment

what do you mean?

Comment

AT karkand nuke every time you can or on like dragon valley hopefully you got a good Blackhawk squad

Comment

You need 50 commander points and 28 beeing commander in one round, I didn't get it how to reach this, until today (today I got the ribbon).

Just look for a server that runs a 32 player map but with only 16 or 20 players , those round take like forever and you will reach 50 points after some time, then you recieve the dam ribon

Comment

You get points when you resupply people, when you give them UAV support and they kill people in the UAV area, when you spot someone and they are killed, when you kill people by arty, giving people the support they ask for (like placing a UAV if they ask for one, or dropping supplies somewhere) and when you give people orders and the complete them (you don't get points for people capturing flags unless you told them to do so).

The way I get a lot of points, and I usually get 40+ if I have a decent team that actually follows orders, is to constantly stay in the commander screen. I stay back at the base and hide somewhere where I cannot get hit by arty. The only time I leave the screen is when I go to repair something that has been destroyed or if I am going after a spec ops blowing things up. Remember to spot him and kill him while he is spotted so that when you kill him you get a commander point (or, at least, I think you do).

While in the screen just constantly do everything. If there is nothing to do, make sure that all of your squads have orders that make sense (such as, don't leave someone attacking a base that has already been captured). As someone mentioned above, a helicopter squad is great, because they capture and you just tell them to attack the next base. You an get a ton of points that way.

A few tricks that I have picked up:

1) If you see a squad going for a base that you have no commanded them to take and they are just about to capture it, tell them to attack it. If they comfirm you will get the points for the capture. This is a little dirty, but it will help you get points. . .and it isn't your fault they don't listen to you!

2) When dropping supply crates, zoom in to make sure that you aren't dropping it on a building or something. All too often I ask for a supply crates and the dumbass commander just drops it and it ends up on top of a building. A good supply drop can earn you 5 points, easy, and I have even gotten upwards of ten from one properly placed crate.

3) Tell your squads to request things, it is an easy way to get points.

4) I can't stress enough the number of points you can get by people following your orders. . .so ALWAYS GIVE THEM ORDERS!!! It is rare that a commander constnatly updates my orders.

5) Don't buy the BS about not using arty. Too much fun to arty people Nothing more satisfying than seeing kill list fill up with people you have artyed. However, logistically, they might be correct. But the point of the game is to have fun and it is too much fun not to do it.

Comment

Hmm, evilzucchini, are you sure about all that? Several people say the commander score is the average of your team's scores. With possibly artillery kills added. So when you lay down UAV, you might think you were getting points, but it was just the average going up normally. Same with everything else.

Comment

You get points when you resupply people, when you give them UAV support and they kill people in the UAV area, when you spot someone and they are killed, when you kill people by arty, giving people the support they ask for (like placing a UAV if they ask for one, or dropping supplies somewhere) and when you give people orders and the complete them (you don't get points for people capturing flags unless you told them to do so).
                              This is the bigges lie I heve read on this forum yet.

And most people say that you get the average of the people playing on the map, well this isn't true ether.

the thing that brings most points for a commander is flagcapturing, if your team captures a flag point, you will get a point, when they keep that point for some time you get another point.

For resuplie and other stuff m you won't get any points.

I do think if your team kills a lot, you get points for it to.

so te get many points, your team has to

- capture many flags, and recapture many flags
                              - keep points
                              - do not use artilery when you feel like , this will cause TK and will cost you points

Comment

Working...
                              X