No announcement yet.

We need a way to lock Transports up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know! Join a squad! and do some teamwork! yay!

Comment

Yeah I agree - maybe the gunner could have a button to toggle (shift or something) which prevent the vehicle from moving...

but I can see other problems stemming from this...jerks, etc.

Comment

Would be too easy to exploit by smacktards, =/. Rush in, lock, AFK for rest of game.

Comment

erm, jeeps are for transportation... you guys want a heavy machine gun go support!

Comment

the lock idea, is a good idea, if not atleast the should be a symbol above and it means, LEAVE ME ALONE or something like that, also if you could lock vehicles and then u get shot, what would happen the vehicle?. would it stay locked till it respawns/gets destroyed??? just my opinion

Comment

The only way I have found to get around the problem is drive the vehicle away from the spawn.

I also use the buggies for AA duty (they are actually better than the proper AA vehicles at this) and one thing I find is a lot of flags have areas you can drive too that still let you defend them but are far enough away from the spawns to stop joy riders stealing your gun platform. This is actually better for defence anyway as choppers tend to spam CP's with rockets and gun fire and not examine other area's in as much detail.

Comment

a game called planetside had this... locking vehicles thing.. kinda was annoying

Comment

Originally posted by aLLyBOOM
                  WE NEED LOCKS ON TRANSPORT...... To defend MEC bases from the blackhawk you need a couple of vodniks, we get a couple in position ready to own those whores when someone really helpful jumps in and drives you off to try and cap a flag. The blackhawk takes the base and you get T-90'd in the enemy base, great teamwork!!
                  If you are defending the MEC base against a Blackhawk are you not on the MEC side?
                  If you are in a vodnik defending a MEC base against a Blackhawk, are you not a MEC?

So why would you be T-90'd?
                  Surely you would be Abram'd

Just pulling ya leg

Comment

Originally posted by KHAN
                    erm, jeeps are for transportation... you guys want a heavy machine gun go support!
                    what he said!

Comment

Well this is the core of the problem.

The jeeps ARE intended for transport, and you can't get pissed at someone for driving away when it's the only vehicle in your base, and you're guarding a flag in the middle of nowhere.

The solution to this wouldn't be to lock the vehicles (well, that would definitely help, but it'd be a new way for lamers to piss us off), but to put more .50 cal emplacements around the flags. This way you wont need a jeep to defend the base.
                      Replace the shitty 30 degree view FAMAS-like guns with some decent 360 degree emplacements.

It's a very easy solution for EA, and I certainly hope it happens.

Comment

Well support has a light machine gun and it is hopeless vs. choppers. The buggy machine guns are actually really effective vs. choppers.

Comment

Go Support?

A full clip from a PKM takes 3 bars off a BlackHawks armor. (which can be repaired by one Engineer in 2 seconds) By the time you get half that clip unloaded they have spotted you, and you are dead.

gg

Comment

Originally posted by |1.RD|Burke
                            Just take the keys...or poop in the drivers seat. Thast what I do.
                            Ha! :laugh: What's the default {Poop} button?

Comment

ahh... n00bs...

Comment

Originally posted by sbikerbud
                                If you are defending the MEC base against a Blackhawk are you not on the MEC side?
                                If you are in a vodnik defending a MEC base against a Blackhawk, are you not a MEC?

So why would you be T-90'd?
                                Surely you would be Abram'd

Just pulling ya leg
                                They stole our t-90 goddammit!,

p.s. I was going to edit my post but didn't....

Comment

Working...
                                X