We need a way to lock Transports up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a way to lock Transports up.

Over the last few days, I have playing around with a new tactic. While playing defense at a flag, I will park one of the Jeeps next to a TOW and get in the Top gunner spot ( heavy machine gun). I will than proceed to use the gun on any infantry or heli ( that isnt loaded with 5 engi's) that show up to take the flag or pop out and use the Tow on approaching armor. The tactic works prettty good, due to the fact that most people tend to ignore the jeeps, thinking they are harmless.

But last night on several occasions, I would be defending the flag from the Jeeps gunner position and a teammate ( I use the term loosely) would get in the jeep and drive off, with me screaming for them to stop. It happened 5 times in one round, and the bad thing was that 4 of those times there was another unnoccupied jeep within sprint distance of me. On one occasion I was actually laying into a transport heli with only 2 people in it, right above our flag, when my fellow teammate decided to hop in and drive off. Luckily I was able to finish the chopper off, before he drove us into a tank. But it really pissed me off, none the less.

We need to have a way to lock up a jeep while in the gunner position, but I fear that will never happen. So, instead I ask everyone, to be aware that just because someone is in the gunner position of a jeep it doesnt mean they are looking for somebody with l33t jeep driving skills to take them on an sight-seeing tour of the beautiful countryside

RANT OFF

Greetings

Happens to me all the time.............

NOOBS

Comment

It won't happen, cause it would do more bad then good, and will probably be misused a lot. But I certainly do have sympathy for your situation.

Comment

Just take the keys...or poop in the drivers seat. Thast what I do.

Comment

In Bf 1942 many people wanted locks on the Arty so the smacktards wont get in and drive into the ocean or the cliff or into direct fire from a tank, and yell at you for not destroying it. So I don't think that it will happen no matter how much we all want to be left ALONE to our own devices.

Comment

it would be nice but i doubt it will ever happen

Comment

Just put mines in front and behind the jeep so they have no where to go and when they punish you, come back and tell us your story.

This happens all the time... since bf1942 or any game with vehicles in it. It sucks. We know. The lock idea will never happen, like you said. But still it would be nice to have some kind of protection from noobs, like an anti-noob shield.

Comment

Hola

Hehehehe "anti noob shield" I like that hehehehe.

I think now that there are a lot of established players who are well qualified to drive any vehical, there should not be a minimum rank to drive certain things.

Privates cant drive nada lol.

Private first class can drive jeeps.

Lance corporals can drive tanks and jeeps.

Corporals can drive jets tanks jeeps.

Sergeants can drive all as all ranks above can.

Its a joke mind but you know what I'm saying, Some noob gets a cobra in front of you and procedes to crash it into the nearest tree.

Its team game so the most experienced players should have access to the heavy weapons so they can do the most damage.

Comment

That pisses me off most when someone takes a plane or heli just to wreck it at the end of the runway. Or they take it just to fly across the map and eject. I'm a pilot thats all I like to do because I am good at it. Its not for whoring reasons I just really like flying in this game. I own the skies on any server I play on.

I like the rank Idea for vehicles you've definately got my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by xxThe_Dice_manxx
                    Hola

Hehehehe "anti noob shield" I like that hehehehe.

I think now that there are a lot of established players who are well qualified to drive any vehical, there should not be a minimum rank to drive certain things.

Privates cant drive nada lol.

Private first class can drive jeeps.

Lance corporals can drive tanks and jeeps.

Corporals can drive jets tanks jeeps.

Sergeants can drive all as all ranks above can.

Its a joke mind but you know what I'm saying, Some noob gets a cobra in front of you and procedes to crash it into the nearest tree.

Its team game so the most experienced players should have access to the heavy weapons so they can do the most damage.

That won't work.You seem to equate rank with who is or isn't a tard.The truth is there are tards at ALL ranks.

Comment

as an engy, i often have a similiar problem - people stealing my damn tank while I'm trying to repair it. jackasses... still, i don't really like the idea of this 'only people of a certain rank can drive all vehicles' idea (even if someone just mentions it as "a joke" because many do not). if i wanted to get my ass kicked while level grinding for 900 hours before having much fun, i'd go play WoW. two issues i have with it:

1. i've played 50 hours, which for people who have 9-5 jobs over the summer is a lot. yet i only have a couple level-ups (ie ~5000 experience i think). it would drive me nuts if I couldn't drive all vehicles.

2. Sox62 makes a good point - there are morons at all ranks. If i couldn't drive the attack helo at all until level X instead of from level 1, what makes you think i'll suddenly be skilled at it by level X if i haven't gotten my hands on it up until that point? in fact, i'll probably be more desperate to grab it at that point. you think i'm gonna "practice" in single player mode? ignoring the fact that without hacks you can't get access to fighters, nobody bothers to practice now, why do you think they would with this system?

One thing I would like to see is a set of tutorials you MUST accomplish before being allowed to do certain in-game activites a la America's Army. In GTA:SA they make you go through a set of basic "fly through the hoops, takeoff & land, fly around the level a bit" missions - i think that would be a great idea for BF3.

Comment

Or

Comment

If I see a teammate running at the vehicle, I'll hop in the driver seat and take off. I don't care if they just want a ride, or if they want to STEAL it. Not going to happen.

PS. Regardless if you are a vehiclejacker or not, when I drive off and leave you standing there, I just want you to know that I'm laughing at you. And you have all these vehicle-thiefs to thank.

Comment

WE NEED LOCKS ON TRANSPORT...... To defend MEC bases from the blackhawk you need a couple of vodniks, we get a couple in position ready to own those whores when someone really helpful jumps in and drives you off to try and cap a flag. The blackhawk takes the base and you get T-90'd in the enemy base, great teamwork!!

Comment

I like people who sit in stationary jeeps manning the guns. BOOM. baggygreen (1SKd) gunner. I especially like it when theres an entire squad in the vodnik and they take it in turns to get owned! THAT was n00bish

Comment

Working...
                              X