Few talented snipers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few talented snipers ?

Ok in all the games i play there is tons of snipers. Mot stick togeather on the same hill just emptying ammo into the dirt. I often get tons of points with my ammo bags but i rarley see a talented sniper in a game. Theres usually like 2 good ones but ive never seen a sniper with like 15+ killz. Im not hating snipers i just cant stand all of them wasting therer bullets only so the enemy can shoot them and take are base.

lol, when i play sniper i average about 20 kills, i notice a lot of snipers stay in one area thats why they end up with a few kills but not much else. i also enjoy setting traps with claymores...so much fun. so it all depends on how people play.

Comment

Gulf of Oman/Strike at Karkand/Mashtuur City, i unlocked the M95, and though its not perfect, it can be very useful, i get +20 kills on karkand all the time, got more kills as sniper(and explosives/pistol badges) then anythin else

Comment

You may not get the kill, but kill assists are plenty.

Comment

I play sniper a LOT now that I got mah M95. The only real complaint I have is accuracy, but that's OT.

I avg 30-40 pts on Sharqui Penninsula, and when I join a sniping Squad, average higher. Claymores make up about 10% of my kills, as I will ALLWAYS plant them.

Comment

If you want a talented sniper you got one. At first, I was averaging about 4 kills a round, but now it more like 20. I can easily get headshots from people on the run, people riding in buggies, and I have even shot down a bunch of helis by killing their pilot with my M95. It just takes tons of practice, and a good mouse. lol

Comment

Sometimes I snipe a round and when I have a good spot, and lots of enemy's are running in my sight, then I can get 15+ to more with a sniper.

Main problem with the sniping in BF2 is there crapy netcode, it's a netcode from like the year 1985 or something like that.

Comment

Hollister,
                you're right that there aren't a lot of talented snipers, at least not on a map at the same time. I play sniper often and have seen some people who are very good in the role. I've heard people say that being a sniper is just pointing and clicking, but i don't really agree with that. It might not take a whole lot of skill to fire a rifle (a little bit of leading and shot timing) but there are other aspects of the class like constantly moving to new positions, scouting, and laying claymore traps (this might be my favorite part). Though when it comes to base defense, i'd take a support/assualt/at any day.

Comment

i can get 20 to 40 kills in karkand with the svd/m24

Comment

How many kills is very largely dependent on several factors, including:

The quality of your team (ie, if they are killing alot of people, it can make it hard to line up a shot before someone is already dead).
                    Whether or not the OPFOR choses to mainly use vehicles or to walk to engagements...
                    Whether or not you are in the right place at the right time (the visibility on most maps is pretty crappy for a scoped weapon, so you have to be at right objective to defend it)...
                    The quality of the team you are playing against...if you have a bunch of people that tend to stay still or lay down, makes sniping quite a bit easier than trying to pick off people on the run...

Comment

I get alot of my kills from the pistol and sometimes the claymores. i can usually drop a guy with my pistol pretty quick

Comment

i notice alot of snipers will try to snipe me from like soo far. but then i will turn around and shoot an M203 right at them.

Comment

My biggest beef with the sniper class is that people survive hits with an M95. Very rarely do I take people down with one shot. Usually I go prone, blast off a shot, see that I hit and then the target runs away. Yeah, you get a lot of KDA's, but the whole point is to bring the enemy down at a distance so that your fellow assault troops don't have to.

An M95 can shoot through a freakin engine block. I know this game isn't realistic, but the sniper class is nerfed anyways, at least let them have one shot kills. Claymores would be awesome if teammates didn't run on them ALL THE TIME like smacktards(and punish, of course, because it's my fault that they didn't know what a red skull and crossbones was indicating). I use the sniper kit for very brief spurts. Sometimes I can do well with it but usually it's just total frustration with the accuracy/damage issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ZapStarfighter
                            My biggest beef with the sniper class is that people survive hits with an M95. Very rarely do I take people down with one shot. Usually I go prone, blast off a shot, see that I hit and then the target runs away. Yeah, you get a lot of KDA's, but the whole point is to bring the enemy down at a distance so that your fellow assault troops don't have to.

An M95 can shoot through a freakin engine block. I know this game isn't realistic, but the sniper class is nerfed anyways, at least let them have one shot kills. Claymores would be awesome if teammates didn't run on them ALL THE TIME like smacktards(and punish, of course, because it's my fault that they didn't know what a red skull and crossbones was indicating). I use the sniper kit for very brief spurts. Sometimes I can do well with it but usually it's just total frustration with the accuracy/damage issue.
                            You described how I feel, by the dot. Sniper for me = frustration of not being able to 1)Hit someoen from 100 meters 2)Kill someone 3) Claymores and teamates

Comment

yea i get of assists points with the sniper rofle, jsut hit someone and someone else will finish them off

Comment

Working...
                              X