X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what this means?

no\\\\\\\\

Comment

Have you generated the overgrowth atlas? It looks like it's missing.

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
        Have you generated the overgrowth atlas? It looks like it's missing.
        I don't remember doing anything like that, could yout tell me how?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Okay, if you haven't done anything with overgrowth at all, I suggest finding your map in your file system, and deleting the "overgrowth" folder that's in the level directory. That's what I read in another thread here.

Otherwise, click the 'compile' menu and see if there's anything to do with generating the overgrowth atlas.

Comment

Originally posted by HicRic
            Okay, if you haven't done anything with overgrowth at all, I suggest finding your map in your file system, and deleting the "overgrowth" folder that's in the level directory. That's what I read in another thread here.

Otherwise, click the 'compile' menu and see if there's anything to do with generating the overgrowth atlas.
            Tried deleting the overgrowth thing, didn't work.

Right now I'll get to compiling and see what happens

Comment

I've seen a thread about this, i'll try and find it...

Were you, by any chance, changing a weapon icon?

See if anything in there helps.

Comment

Nop never editing anything there,

But I found this in the editor console

Ignored Warning[Geom] :
                [Console] : Couldn't open console script "levels/operation_restore_hope/Overgrowth/Overgrowth.con"
                [Console] : Couldn't open console script "levels/operation_restore_hope/editor/layer.con"
                Overgrowth total vertex/index memory size: 36000
                Overgrowth number of objects: 0 : 0

Comment

This lead me to opening up the server zip file in the gulf_of_omen map directory where your own map resides, and extracting the "OvergrowthAtlas.tai" file to my desktop. I then opened this file with wordpad and removed the big block of text under all the commented out header area. Basicly the file hold coords for plants sprites like grass and bushes. You will see this:

Code:
                  # mods/bf2/levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas.tai
                  # 
                  # 
                  # <filename>		<atlas filename>, <atlas idx>, <woffset>, <hoffset>, <width>, <height>
                  # 
                  # Texture <filename> can be found in texture atlas <atlas filename>, i.e.,
                  # <group><idx>.dds with texture coordinates boundary given by:
                  #   A = ( <woffset>, <hoffset> )
                  #   B = ( <woffset> + <width>, <hoffset> + <height> )
                  # 
                  # where coordinates (0,0) and (1,1) of the original texture map correspond
                  # to coordinates A and B, respectively, in the texture atlas.

objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_nc_drybush01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_palmtree01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.125, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_palmtree02_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.25, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_palmtree03_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.375, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_me_tropicalplant03_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.5, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_mehighleafbush01de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.625, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_memang02de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.75, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_meolivebig01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.875, 0, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_meolivebig04_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0, 0.5, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_mepinebush01de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.125, 0.5, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/me_mangmedfin01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.25, 0.5, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/me_shortpalm01_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.375, 0.5, 0.125, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/leaf_mepinebush02de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.5, 0.5, 0.0625, 0.5
                  objects/vegitation/middle-east/textures/tile_mebark01de_lod.dds		levels\gulf_of_oman\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas0.dds, 0, 0.5625, 0.5, 0.125, 0.25
                  make it look like this:
                  Code:
                  # mods/bf2/levels\operation_hailmary\overgrowth\OvergrowthAtlas.tai
                  # 
                  # 
                  # <filename>		<atlas filename>, <atlas idx>, <woffset>, <hoffset>, <width>, <height>
                  # 
                  # Texture <filename> can be found in texture atlas <atlas filename>, i.e.,
                  # <group><idx>.dds with texture coordinates boundary given by:
                  #   A = ( <woffset>, <hoffset> )
                  #   B = ( <woffset> + <width>, <hoffset> + <height> )
                  # 
                  # where coordinates (0,0) and (1,1) of the original texture map correspond
                  # to coordinates A and B, respectively, in the texture atlas.
                  and change the name of the map if you want, it doesn't really matter because its all commented out and the computer won't read it while executing the game files.

Copy the eddited file into your maps overgrowth folder

Comment

Working...
                  X