Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Damn you, what did you do that for........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn you, what did you do that for........

Was playing on a 64 player Ranked Server last night on the Dragon Valley map, was having a quite successful round. I found a nice little hiding place, had my M95 to hand and was popping a few Chinese heads off, also got a couple of claymore kills. I noted that I killed one particulary player a good couple of times (Dersio or something like that), only to be caught up in artillery. So I repsawn at my nearest flag and went back out to the same area, on the way there I saw Dersio had changed teams and was now a fellow USMC, I walked past him and he shot me dead in my tracks, at first I thought nothing of it, maybe he had a twitchy finger, so respawned again and walked/ran to my hiding place again, and again came upon Dersio who once at TK'd me with his M16 or something, so I started getting paranoid, so this time I respawned again at the same spot, but this time followed a couple of other team members who where heading in my general direction and once again the little sod shot me dead, but left everyone around alone. So now I really pee'd , sent a quick message to Dersio, but no reply, considered retaliation, but thought better of it, if only you had the option to kick/punch people in game, would make for some interesting fights around a flag!!!

This sort of childish behaviour ruined my game last night. I don't think kicking is punishment enough for this sort of obvious TK, and maybe banning is on the harsh side. Though maybe a sin-bin type ban where you can't play on Ranked Server for a month isn't a bad idea, or even a large deduction in points, though this maybe difficult to implement.

Any of you guys come across similar instances of the above? Any ideas how EA/Dice or the BF2 community can solve this sort of pathetic TK??

Just ignore it if you can find the energy.
    Punish him until he is kicked or switch server.

I would like some kind of reporting system where all rounds are recorded with BF recorder and you could send it to some ranked servers admin at EA and they can inform the player of his misdeeds and issue a warning.

Punishment could be that his account is banned from playing on ranked servers for 1 - 2 days perhaps...
    This kind of behaviour really ruin gameplay for some people and that is bad advertising for EA/Dice so they should be concerned.

But chill. I have had the game for some 45 days and im still waiting for the occasional hard core TK'er like the one you describe.

//Cadde

Comment

just ignore it and let him tk you,its on 2 deaths before you can ban him.

Comment

you shouldve just switched teams so he could see your name. then hunt him down and knife him over and over and over. when hes lying down on the ground calling for a medic,and just t-bag him. thats always the best revenge you can take out on someone in BF2.

Comment

Sounds like the 'red tag bug' to me. Usually happens on 64 player servers when someone swaps sides. He will see you with a red name tag, even tho he's on the same side. Happened to me loads of times. Escaping out and re-entering sometimes solves it.

Comment

Yeah happened to me few times one round like half of the team was red so the scores at end of round were very low. If you notice team mates keep killing you it's because you have a red tag and don't punish them for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Got3n™
              just ignore it and let him tk you,its on 2 deaths before you can ban him.
              is this true? i was on a ranked server before where me and my whole squad was waiting for the chopper and some guy on our team came to the helipad on an apc and started shooting at all of us! of course we all died but what's funny is i didn't get the option of whether to punish him or not (perhaps server configuration?) and worst of all, he didn't get banned! i know 'cos when i hit tab to check if he's still around, he was already flying the chopper we were all waiting for!

Comment

Yeah I think servers can turn off the punish feature but his gonna be stuck with a minus score just so he could fly a chopper.

Comment

Seeing as he swapped sides, and repeatedly killed you and only you, I'd say it's the red tag bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Komp
                    Seeing as he swapped sides, and repeatedly killed you and only you, I'd say it's the red tag bug.
                    Agreed. Although he should have noticed the teamkill comment in the upper left corner. You probably should have punished him so he would then have seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by FireLord
                      Sounds like the 'red tag bug' to me. Usually happens on 64 player servers when someone swaps sides. He will see you with a red name tag, even tho he's on the same side. Happened to me loads of times. Escaping out and re-entering sometimes solves it.
                      Yes...sounds that way to me too...It happened to me the other night...guy switched teams to my team...he always had red tags for me...it was on Strike at Karkand, so it was particularly hectic and there were many times I shot him because we were geting swarmed and I saw red tags...was really frustrating to wind up with a server kick...I seriously hope EA fixes that damn bug...

Comment

I didn't get the option to forgive or not. Though it came up that Dersio (Teamkills) DonLumioni.

Oh well no worries, I'll hunt him down and blow his head off with my M95 over and over again.

Comment

Yes I have.

Doing some Great bombing runs with the F-15 (3 or more per run) on OilFields. So this guy switches over and keeps blowing my jet up before I can get in it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kronos
                            Yes...sounds that way to me too...It happened to me the other night...guy switched teams to my team...he always had red tags for me...it was on Strike at Karkand, so it was particularly hectic and there were many times I shot him because we were geting swarmed and I saw red tags...was really frustrating to wind up with a server kick...I seriously hope EA fixes that damn bug...

I think that was me... that happened to me last night and I had never experienced the red tag bug. I never punish for TK, but when someone on your team knifes you in the mind a couple of times you tend to get a little ticked so I punished and finally someone says I had the red tag bug which made sense since multiple teammates were firing on me, then there were apologies all around (thank god I was playing with decent, rational people) and I escaped out and got back in, eliminating the error. That has got to be fixed on the next patch... doesn't it?

Comment

Punish his ass

Comment

Working...
                              X