No more ranked server selling from us..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DUSHMAN
    just name your server "Karkand 24/7" and see how it's gonna fill up...then just change the settings to play other maps (but not the server name), and once your server is full there is a big chance it will stay up full for days to come.....
    How boring would that be. I can't understand anyone that would want to play 1 map over and over again. Oh sorry yes I understand, thats the map with no air vehicles for all the noobs who can't fly and get sick of getting owned over and over again by someone with skill that can fly a heli or an untouchable noob plane. I can understand people wanting just ground warfare but to play it 24/7 must be boring and for someone like me who likes to fly heli's even though they suck compared to say BFV heli's, well I hate walking, why walk when you can fly and there's no way I could stand playing Karkand 24/7 so no way will we change our server name to that!

Noobzilla is right. How many times have you played on a good server and it was a random low ping, free spot available, then you think next time, man that was a great server, good game play, the admins looked after us and kicked the loser tk'ers, tk punishers etc now what was the name of that server again??????? No history list, favourites or buddies list and maybe they never find it again specially with 1800+ ranked servers.

« R²»Capt.HKS
    Founder,Senior Admin, BF2 Ranked Server Admin (Raging Rebels Ranked 1.02)

Comment

I have no trouble using Xfire for my fav's and latest played servers.

I do agree it "should" be in the game but we all have alternitives.

Xfire is a leading entertainment outlet, covering the latest gaming, film, TV, wrestling and fandom news, producing invaluable guides for your favorite games and shows, and writing thought provoking feature articles.

I dont use ASE but you can google for "All Seeing Eye" I belive it'll do the same thing.

I do not like what EA did to the Providers, not only did they shaft us players but they stuck it to SEVERAL established long standing hosting companies, you cant explain to a very angry coustomer that it's not YOUR fault their ranked 200+/month server is **** and empty 87% of the time because of EA....you just cant.

It's bad form at best, EA has hosed the "community" not the players.

Noobzilla, I'm with ya man, not a whole lot you can really do except make your stand and hope for the best.

Munson

Comment

Why not make stats not log until over 10 are on and let us play!!! This is a little more tolerable and people might actually stick around. I hate waiting 3 hours to start and then someone gets out or crashes as soon as the game starts. As we all know, this puts us right back into the waiting game.

I agree on the beta stage statement. Any engineer worth anything will look at how the customer will do the WRONG things and prevent them. I'm sorry but the point farming was way too predictable and obvious. I don't see how anyone could have been accidentally overlooked this. I just don't understand how EA could release the game with unsecure statics code (by this I mean easily cheated or farmed) and at the same time require overly strict and silly server rules.

I do love the game though and for the most part it is running fine for me. I am glad that EA released it and because I hated the waiting and waiting and waiting for Half-Life.

My clan is renting a ranked server. The minimum player item may cause us to dump it. Well off to practice. Hopefully we can get our server kickstarted.

Comment

Maybe host should offer timeshare servers. I bet if you could have 3 clans per a server they would always be full. If a clan wants to set a date to scrim, or practice the server can be held for them. It would also be no problem to have a few extra servers for clans wanting to host on the same time slot.

I would inovate instead of blaming eachother.

Comment

Mabey I missed something here, in fact I'm sure I have. I don't understand why with all the general discontent with ranked servers, why people still have this need to want them and play on them. What happened to playing like we used to. There was no ranking system before, but now it seems that the only thing that is important to anyone is having a rank.

Competition ladders wont even let you play a match on a ranked server, for obvious reason, cant be locked , blah blah blah. When the mods start to become more and more common people are going to have to play on unranked servers to play the mods.

Ranked servers have done nothing except bring out the worst of the grabasstic stat whores. No matter what rules are put into place, people are gonna find a way to cheat the system to gain rank. There is no such thing as team work on a ranked server (and I dont want to hear the arguments about your precious squads and commander mode) all people want is their all mighty rank, thats it. Ranking has taken a very tight nit clan based game and shredded it and turned it into an EA cash cow because people were a bunch of lemmings jumping off a cliff and had to have a ****ing rank.

EA ****ed the server rental business in the ass HARD and couldnt care one bit. They held off on a mod tool for as long as they could to keep people on ranked servers. They took the ability to unlock servers out in their last patch (on a game that was suposed to be moddable on unranked retail servers, AS IF) so they could keep you in their cash cow a little longer. Hard coding in the locked weapons still makes no sense because an unranked server doent report so whats the point to stopping people (other than to keep you playing on a ranked server).

It seems fairly obvious to me that its everyones fault that they got screwed. The best thing to do now is to learn from it , and take the community back and put it into our hands. Tell EA to piss off, and play on unranked servers. Send them a message that this is our community, and they are done raping it.

If you still feel the need to play ranked and have a rank, by all means do it. Just know that its people like you, that help to reinforce EA's decisions to make games like this.

Comment

I totally agree. We should all say stuff it and play on unranked servers. Trouble is not many will. We only got a ranked server because we knew it would be pointless getting an unranked because nobody would play on them. Looks like we were 100% right there.

We were also 100% sucked in by EA too because they made it so nobody would play on unranked servers and could therefore charge big dollars for ranked servers.

I have found its only getting worse and its taking longer and longer to get a game started because now there is over 2000+ ranked servers. We finally got a game started today, it took 3hrs, it went for about 2hrs and then stopped and didn't start again. We must have had 40+ppl join it got to 8-9 players many times then people either got dc'ed, their games crashed to desktop, or they got sick of waiting.

On the password issue: why couldn't EA have still let ranked servers get passworded for matches and they just didn't collect stats from a passworded ranked server. Sounds like a simple solution to me? We don't care if no stats get collected for matches.

The ranking system is ruining this game.

<<R2>>Capt.HKS
              Founder, Senior Admin, BF2 Ranked Server Admin (Raging Rebels Ranked 1.02)

Comment

Re: No more ranked server selling from us..

If you have a problem with the minimum player rule, get an unranked server and stop crying. If they took it off we would have people whining about stat exploiters 24/7 and don't you dare think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Champion
                  If you have a problem with the minimum player rule, get an unranked server and stop crying. If they took it off we would have people whining about stat exploiters 24/7 and don't you dare think otherwise.

The only complaints I receive about my unranked servers is the fact
                  that NOBODY wants to play on them.. and they go unused entirely..
                  On the other hand, I have numerous complaints about the ranked
                  servers because they are also unused due to the minimum player
                  rules.. so either way, EA has it all f'ed up...

Doesnt matter now though.. we are taking 96 BF2 servers offline
                  effective 12NOON EST tomorrow.. and likely another 20-30 unranked
                  ones by the end of the month.. We can sell UT2004 servers, or other
                  games easily without having to kiss EA's ass, nor do our email boxes
                  get filled with complaints, and 'Help Me' concerning their unused BF2
                  servers..

Sure EA wont give a damn.. didnt expect them too, but we've had
                  enough of their BS. When the game comes out of beta, and IF they
                  ease up on their gestapo control we might start selling them again..

oh btw, MOST people dont care about stat exploiters.. but what they
                  do care about is EA punishing the rest of us with silly rules so they can
                  nab a tiny group of stat cheaters... EA can take their stats and their
                  unlocks and shove them where the sun dont shine, far as Im concerned.

Comment

If BF2 Ranked servers are such a pain don't do them...
                    We run SOF2 servers CSS servers etc, most with mods, we are fortunate to have enough players to make up the numbers, surely if enough people bug them EA will simply either reduce the cost or lower the number of players required to play.
                    Put it in black and white it's obviously all they care about. If this continues, noone will want ranked servers off them.
                    They will lose money, and hopefully the bright spark in EA who came up with the idea will be shouted at for losing them buisness.

Comment

this thread needs some cheese to go with all the wine.

Comment

I'll have plenty of dough to throw around after cutting EAs cut out
                        of the loop..

apparently I attracted some attention, I got a email today
                        wanting me to reconsider.. NOT!

btw, try using a line that isnt 400 years old next time, I might
                        actually laugh or chuckle a little..

Comment

The only problem I see is getting enough hosts to see the way you guys do and shut down the entire network of ranked services. Leaving EA alone in the dark... maybe then they will wake up from their afternoon nap.

BFtracker was more reliable than the ranking system DICE integrated into the game.

Battlefield 2 was not developed for the enjoyment of playing games, unlike Battlefield 1942 series, DICE totally went the other direction with this.

Comment

Davis: you hit the nail on the head there. This game was built on frustration and stat whoring.

Noobzilla: how'd the shut-down go? I read you got an E-mail, no official feedback from EA? Thats what we all expected, EA NOT responding to a business partner with a competient explination of the problem. Lack of communication with the community (thats US) is what will kill this game.

I for one, am waiting on ET:Quake Wars and Quake 4. Untill then I'm stuck with this 1/2 step poorly executed excuse for a playable game.

Munson

Comment

All my BF2 servers were shut down yesterday.. I also have 2 business
                              partners with a total of 76 BF2 servers who shut theirs down as well..

I received a email asking me to define my problem more 'precisely'
                              whatever that means.. I dont know how more 'precise' I can be
                              than 'Your minimum player to join rules suck.' I think it shows their
                              intelligence right there.

Anyhow, I agree totally with Davis.. this game was intended for
                              stat whores who get off on being able to tell their buddies their
                              stats are higher.. personally, I could care less about stats.. Im
                              not the best player in the world, but I can kill a Sgt. just as well
                              as he can kill me, so whats the tell me..? well, it tells me stats
                              are insignificant, and ONLY purpose their serve is for ego players.

I think DICE concentrated ONLY on the action of the game itself,
                              the graphics, maps, movement, etc.. and totally forgot about the
                              rest of it... browser, community, etc.. then they made the ultimate
                              mistake of picking EA to be their publisher.. the gestapo of games.

EA will do anything and everything to protect their silly precious
                              stat system, and that includes punishing the 99.9% of fair and honest
                              players by instituting server killing limitations.

I have heard that the minimum player to join rules will NOT be lowered
                              in their next patch or update.. but rather some insignificant changes
                              will be allowed/made i.e. respawn time.

Besides, this game is still in beta whether anyone wants to admit it or
                              not.. and at this rate, it will take them an entire year to correct the
                              numerous flaws and bugs in it. My local Gamestop store told me that
                              out of 100 copies of BF2 they sold the first month, 44 were returned.

Comment

Working...
                              X