No announcement yet.

How in the world do you snipe runners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How in the world do you snipe runners?

Ive tried over and over yesterday to snipe someone running but i just dont know what to do get them on the first shot while they run

can anybody give me some tips

Take out pistol.

Comment

Well, wait for them to stop running if you can. If you must shoot, lead a bit, and then fire.

Comment

It's hard for me too. I lead them and aim for the head, but still end up taking several shots to get the kill. I'm all about shooting when the targ is standing still, hehe.

Comment

standing still is not a problem just the running
          u stand still and u get: BOOM HEADSHOT!

Comment

the lead you have to give all depends on factors: your ping, and the other guy's ping. Dont forget the bullet arrives instantaneously at the target.if oyur ping and the other guy's ping i quite low, shoot just a tad in front of him. if you got a high ping, lead more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sapper
              It's hard for me too. I lead them and aim for the head, but still end up taking several shots to get the kill. I'm all about shooting when the targ is standing still, hehe.
              I only go for headshots if the target is standing still. Everything else is 2 body shots = GG.

Comment

welll i guess i have to go practice more :P

Comment

Yeah, I try not to bother to shoot when they're running. You're just giving yourself away and then KNOW not to stay still.

If you wait patiently, they'll get that false sense of security and they'll hunker down long enough for you to plug 'em

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                    Yeah, I try not to bother to shoot when they're running. You're just giving yourself away and then KNOW not to stay still.

If you wait patiently, they'll get that false sense of security and they'll hunker down long enough for you to plug 'em
                    if only everybody was liek that
                    lol

Comment

I generally won't shoot at people running unless they are running relatively to/from me...then its fairly easy...if they are running perpendicular...good luck...between issues like lag and randomness of the bullet...and the normal stuff with travel time for the bullet...its close to just luck if you hit someone on the run going perpendicular to you...

Comment

I'm not that good of a sniper, but I know I have been killed while running and had full health.

So its definitely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Coderedpl
                          Ive tried over and over yesterday to snipe someone running but i just dont know what to do get them on the first shot while they run

can anybody give me some tips
                          you don't, unless you are extremely good. i've managed to do it a few times. if they are coming towards you or running away from you (straight) then its easier. as everyone else says, perpendicular is 10x harder.

i just wait for people standing still 95% of the time. shooting at a runner is just a waste of ammo.

Comment

I just hold my crosshair perfectly still where I expect they will run to and when they are just about to run in front of the crosshair I let a shot off. It feels much more accurate than tracking or leading them.

Comment

Originally posted by A. Smith
                              the lead you have to give all depends on factors: your ping, and the other guy's ping. Dont forget the bullet arrives instantaneously at the target.if oyur ping and the other guy's ping i quite low, shoot just a tad in front of him. if you got a high ping, lead more.
                              So basically, what you're saying is:

1. Identify the name of your target
                              2. Press TAB to bring up the players list
                              3. Find your name in the list and your ping
                              4. Scroll down to find the name and ping of your target
                              5. Release the TAB key and search for your target (who left 5 minutes ago)
                              6. Target, lead and shoot.

:laugh:

I've managed to do it a few times, most of the time I get a headshot. The only times I've really tended to fail is when they suddenly change from jog to sprint.

Comment

Working...
                              X