Ground defense Ribbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground defense Ribbon?

One thing, can i camp in a MG / TOW as commander and make those 5 kills with artillery? Or do i have to make them directly? I know the AD badge doesn't need a direct kill, but what about GD

if u cant get 5kills in a planted machine gun on stike at karkand...something is wrong...this ribbon is one of the easiest to get dude

Comment

Never bothered to try, got it by being commander in a mg...

Comment

It says you need to get 5 kills with the TOW not the machine gun. I've killed plenty of people with the machine gun and i have no ribbon.

Comment

If you play MEC on Clean Sweep another good way to get the ribbon is at the beginning of the round rush down to the ground defense point at the very tip of the island (you have to cross a small bridge) nearest the USMC spawns. Take out the incoming boats and APCs. A full APC and a boat should be enough to get it, plus the time requirememnts.

Comment

Does this work for jet/helo ribbons? I can't fly, I was thinkin of being the gunner in a bomber and helo and let him fly, then just get artil kills as command and what I can manage from the plane. Yes, I like shiny stuff

Comment

Just sit in a plane/helo/tank/AA site/ground site/transport and artilly a bunch of people...
              this will get you those ribbons easily!

Comment

its easier than the badge, i was going for the badge and got the ribbon, if i would of stayed longer i would of had the badge also

i got it at karkand waiting on the machine gun on the US side

Comment

Some please confirm...?

It doesn't have to be a TOW for ground defense
                  You can get the kills by artillery as commander (in a stinger, TOW, Armor, etc.)

Comment

you can't get armoured service through artillery kills.

Comment

Its easier to do tank kills than arty kills and less team kill danger.

Comment

you can get it with mg and tow by direct kills or artillery while in the mg/tow 'vehicle'

i got mine with 2 tow kills and 3 mg kills on dragon valley.
                        remember you also need a certain amount of time in the mg/tow to get it.

Magic

Comment

i have driven a tank, killed 10 peeps or sommthing at a row, and didnt get a ribbon, but a medal (basickcombatassult)

Comment

Originally posted by Janern007
                            i have driven a tank, killed 10 peeps or sommthing at a row, and didnt get a ribbon, but a medal (basickcombatassult)
                            you got the badge because you was assault while driving the tank so all the kills regardless of weapon or vehicle are attributed to that kit.

to get the ribbon for armoured service you need 19 kills and about 25 mins in tank or apc. my figures are wrong so check ubar or use search. i know i have put the correct figures and even a screenshot on this forum somewhere.

Good Luck

Magic

Comment

20 Minutes in an Armor Class Vehicle
                              14 Kills in a Tank/APC vehicle

Comment

Working...
                              X