No announcement yet.

last 3 days = INSANE # of disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

last two day its started happenin to me all the time any server, tried pbweb update. Still no joy.

Comment

did all the PBWEB stuff
      all comments were basically "up to date"
      so that was not it
      but thanks for the suggesttion

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
        did all the PBWEB stuff
        all comments were basically "up to date"
        so that was not it
        but thanks for the suggesttion
        updated pb too and still get the disconnects. so its still something with pb or something else...****ing buggy ass game!

Comment

PBweb.exe is old news now. PBsetup.exe is the tool to use to update punkbuster. Guess what a couple of days ago a new pb version was released and this is the cause of you guys getting dc'ed. Download pbsetup.exe http://websec.evenbalance.com/downlo...ws/pbsetup.exe (right click save target as) Place it wherever you like it no longer needs to be run from the pb folder. Then add BF2 as a game to update (you can also add other games that use pb like BFV and update all at once) check that it found bf2's correct location then simply click check for updates. Make sure you watch the process to see if there is a new update and that it updated. PBweb.exe could fail to update so you may think you have updated when infact it did nothing. pbsetup.exe tells you if there is a new version and if the update was sucessful.

I suggest doing this regularly as you never know when a new version of pb will be released. If you have never updated pb manually then it fixes lag/connection problems/random disconnects and do it now before you play.

PB never seems to update automatically, same thing with BFV it never seemed to work even with all the correct ports open. Update it manually!

Hope this helps

Cheers
          « R²»Capt.HKS
          Founder,Senior Admin, BF2 Ranked Server Admin (Raging Rebels Ranked 1.02)

Comment

I think this problem is fixed for me

This problem has been driving me insane, too. I had a similiar disconnect problem in World of Warcraft. That problem was due to a feature in my network card I had to disable. I was wondering of maybe something similar was happening here. I have an Nforce 4 motherboard and was using the built in Nforce networking controller.

I put in a Netgear gigabit card and... NO MORE disconnects.

I'm curious to know if other people experiencing this problem are on Nforce 4 motherboards. And if you have a space NIC and replace it with any luck, I'd like to know. It certainly worked for me.

Vorr

Comment

This is what I am talking about:

There is a problem when PB is doing its "thing".

Comment

Originally posted by <<R2>>Capt.HKS
                PBweb.exe is old news now. PBsetup.exe is the tool to use to update punkbuster. Guess what a couple of days ago a new pb version was released and this is the cause of you guys getting dc'ed. Download pbsetup.exe http://websec.evenbalance.com/downlo...ws/pbsetup.exe (right click save target as) Place it wherever you like it no longer needs to be run from the pb folder. Then add BF2 as a game to update (you can also add other games that use pb like BFV and update all at once) check that it found bf2's correct location then simply click check for updates. Make sure you watch the process to see if there is a new update and that it updated. PBweb.exe could fail to update so you may think you have updated when infact it did nothing. pbsetup.exe tells you if there is a new version and if the update was sucessful.
                just ran this program
                said I need updating
                so I did
                will advise if it fixes the problem

THANKS

ps
                this is the REAL reason why I love forums
                good Advice!

Comment

This didn't fix the problem for me, as I assumed it's not a punkbuster problem otherwise there would be an error saying so, this has driven me to the point where I hate this game. All I can think of is that it's a bug, my hardware is fine, doesn't make sense where it's suddenly not ok! this problem has occured for everyone around the same time, a bit strange eh? 1.03 end of august.

Comment

Working...
                  X