• last 3 days = INSANE # of disconnects

at first I thougt it was my home connection
    but xfire and ventrilo stay connectted
    but lost connection in about 20 games since thursday
    sometimes after 30 minutes
    any one else having same problem?
    or do I need to check all my phone lines
    3.0MBit DSL - dedicated line

Yes, I am also and its because of punkbuster.

Everytime I see a "Problem with your connection", I hit the console key (~), and I see that a query has been sent to evenbalance. Every...single....time....

Using PBWeb helps, for a few hours, but it comes back. Good thing to know though, is if you rejoin the last server you were on, all of your ingame stats stay.

Comment

Same issue here, I didn't know what the problem was. At first I thought it was a lag issue but this game just need to work out the many bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Saldrin

Using PBWeb helps, for a few hours, but it comes back. Good thing to know though, is if you rejoin the last server you were on, all of your ingame stats stay.
        what is PBWeb?
        do I get it or is it automatic?
        thanks

Comment

I'm also getting this problem, manually updated pb and stuff, all my connections, ports etc are fine. I think this is a bug and guess what...I don't think there is anything we can do until the release of 1.03 thanks alot EA...

Comment

PBweb is a manual updater for Punkbuster. It can be found here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

Download pbweb, and place the file in the \Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\pb folder, then just double click PBWeb to get updates. It has to be within the pb folder.

Also, just so you know, PB has a long history of having problems updating in game when a PC is behind a router. Check with your router manufacter to see if there are updates for gaming. I use a netgear and unfortunatly I already had the proper port forwarding set up and it didn't help, but you might have some success.

Comment

same here PB has been giving me problems too

Comment

Originally posted by TopGunGreg
                at first I thougt it was my home connection
                but xfire and ventrilo stay connectted
                but lost connection in about 20 games since thursday
                sometimes after 30 minutes
                any one else having same problem?
                or do I need to check all my phone lines
                3.0MBit DSL - dedicated line
                yep, same here too. forgot that it might be PB

Comment

Originally posted by Saldrin
                  PBweb is a manual updater for Punkbuster. It can be found here: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=updatepb.php

Download pbweb, and place the file in the \Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\pb folder, then just double click PBWeb to get updates. It has to be within the pb folder.

Also, just so you know, PB has a long history of having problems updating in game when a PC is behind a router. Check with your router manufacter to see if there are updates for gaming. I use a netgear and unfortunatly I already had the proper port forwarding set up and it didn't help, but you might have some success.
                  they came out with another program to update pb and its a lot easier to use.

Comment

Holy mother of god, I thought this problem was only happening to me. This is the most annoying problem I have ever encountered in my computing experience. It's like I'm having a blast on a good server and then bam I get the connection problem message for a few seconds and then my connection is lost. So retarded. Please EA/Punkbuster fix this freaking problem.

Comment

I don't think this has ever happened to me. Usually when I get a disconnect my internet is being lame or the server reset or went down.

Comment

Happens to me all the time, of course it doesn't help that i'm on Adelphia Cable =(

Comment

This is just getting absurd. I just tried playing on 3 different servers and maybe no more than 10 minutes in I'm losing my connection to the server. This is becoming unplayable.

Comment

Happens here all the time and i have been getting a lot of full crashes to the desktop lately also.

Comment

that has happend to me also, i thought it was my connection even though on other games i have not lost connection

Comment

Working...
                              X