Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cotizi
    i spend under 100 bucks for a gig.
    I'm interested, where can you get a gig of ram for under 100 bucks? (I don't doubt you; I'd just like to have some myself! )

Comment

newegg.com

use it. and never go back..

(zipzoomfly.com also )

Comment

LOL at you. u cant ctrl-alt-delete and see how much bf2 is using while u play BECAUSE YOU ARENT PLAYING THE GAME. your checking your task manager. the second you switch outta bf2 it drops down in memory usage. so task manager is useless. this has been discussed for a month now.
        i dunno about that. the game is still running and it is still using ram. just because you switch to task manager doesn't mean the game stops running.

Comment

trust me it has an effect. there have been plenty of extensive tests done on this and they are posted ALL OVER this forum. there are much better pieces of software than task manager to prove the real usage of ram.

also, every computer is different. this only applies to those who ARENT having fluid gameplay with 1gb of ram. o ya, and if you run at medium detail that not really my point since i could run at medium with 1 gig, im talking about running at high esp. textures and lighting, which i couldnt do with 1 gig.

Comment

Yeh i have 3 x 512mb ram and it runs pretty good whit my X800XT 256mb GFX and my intel 3.4Ghz. it does not ever lagg for me but sometimes in crowded situations it may happen. And btw whats your fps when ur ingame? "renderer.drawfps 1"

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillastein
              2 gigs of RAM = I am the first guy in every map.
              Often at a flag before the other team spawns.
              Me too... first one in every time.... running everything I can find on high

Comment

I have:

Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-SLI
                Athalon 64 3000+
                eVGA 6600GT
                2 gig Patriot DDR 3200 RAM

The recent upgrade from 1 to 2 gigs RAM on this system eliminated in game choppiness, and greatly reduced map loading times.

The decision to try additional RAM was influenced by monitoring the task manager peak "commit charge" after playing BF2. the peak was running from 1.15 to 1.25 gig - a real memory hog.

The 1 gig cost was $82.99 from newegg.

My guess is that those of us with 128 MB graphics cards will see the most benefit from > than 1 gig RAM.

Comment

Well i was running on 512 Mb pc3200 at first and than i got 2 sticks of 256MB, which made a tremendous difference. I had a lot of lag after the last patch but as soon as i got that last 256MB stick delievered and got up to 1 Gig, it made all the difference and the game runs like butter now.

A7N8X-E Deleuxe Mobile AMD sempron Overclocked to 2.4
                  AIW 9800 Pro + Cooling unit
                  1x512MBpc3200 & 2x256MBpc3200

Oh yah load time and massive lag from having 756MB to 1 GB was all but eliminate; No lag switching inbetween menus.

Comment

LOL at you. u cant ctrl-alt-delete and see how much bf2 is using while u play BECAUSE YOU ARENT PLAYING THE GAME. your checking your task manager. the second you switch outta bf2 it drops down in memory usage. so task manager is useless. this has been discussed for a month now.
                    OK Numbnutz listen carefully. I suggested the alt + tab method for people with only one monitor.......i have 3 so i can see my task manager from ingame....... genius.

Like i say my ram usage never goes above 800mb and stays there....sometimes it will go to 819 when loading a map but then drops down to 700 - 790.

You do NOT need 2 GiB of ram to play BF2 smoothly.

Comment

2 gigs of RAM = I am the first guy in every map.
                      Me too !
                      with 2GB map loading is 60% faster, client verification etc..etc..etc..
                      everything is so fluid, no lag changing weampons, reloading, usen vehicles etc..etc..etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Wada
                        "renderer.drawFps 1"
                        fixed

Comment

Every bit of extra RAM will help on load times. In game performance, the increases will be very small to none. However. As you add more and more RAM the increases become smaller. I personally was running BF2 on a 2 gig PC4200 system and it loaded quick (or so I thought, until I built my current system). My current BF2 system has 4 gigs of PC3200 and I have never been beat into a map...I am the first one in EVERY time! Now I didn't get the 4 gigs for BF2, I use it for other apps that I run....but the performance increase IS there, but only noticable in loading.

P.S. 4 gigs of RAM will only be detected by windows XP 64-bit edition. Standard windows XP will only read 3.12 gigs.

System Specs:

AMD 4000 San diego 2.4 OC'd to 2.53
                          ASUS A8N SLI-Deluxe
                          4 x Geil 1gig PC3200
                          Dual Maxtor 250 gig hard drives
                          ATI x800XT

Comment

wicz, u said SWITCH OUTTA BF2. if u have multiple monitors therse no switching. thats a different story, and your measurements are more accurate. i dont suggest this for users with 1 monitor trying to alt-tab to death back and forth and get readings every 5 seconds.

o ya and be nice

Comment

yea, I noticed the bigest differnce also in the map loading times. Almost always am the first to spawn, and have to look around to make sure there are others on my team! Also noticed a game improvement also, but was not as dramictic of a diff. as the map load time. Its the best $140.00 I have every spent. Makes all other programs on system much faster, only problem is that the wife can spend money on e-bay that much faster!!!!!!

Comment

newegg.com

use it. and never go back..

(zipzoomfly.com also )

How do you know what ram to buy? and what is compatible to my Dell 9300 laptop.

Comment

Working...
                                X