Jet tips.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet tips.

Seeing many people being miserable on jets, i decided to make a guide for them.

Bombing

1. Save your afterburner!
    If you keep using the afterburner to get to targets faster because you are impatient, fighters will have no problems getting you down. Use afterburners when you are locked on to or going vertical.

2. Let the co-pilot fire
    If there is a tank on the ground, and you are out of bombs, fly directly to it with 60-80% throttle and wait for your copilot to take him out. The laser guided missiles are horribly powerful.

Don't dive bomb!
    When you are in a bomber, dive bombing is not very good, since you are launching 5 bombs and when diving they will hit a very small radius. If you fly directly horizonal and drop them, there will be a line of destruction.

Dodging fighters
    Bombers wont shake good fighter pilots at all by doing complicated manouvers, the best way to get rid of a fighter is to fly vertical, get the burners running and fly straight up, this is really hard, but when you have the right altitude, then pitch up and go down again, in certain altitude planes will lose control and most likely land out in the deserter zone, and since fighters are a tad faster than bombers, the guy behind you is more likely to lose control.

Dogfighting

Wait for flares
    If you get a clear lock, don't fire before the target has fired his flares, because unlike helicopters, aircraft have a long reload time of flares, and you will have plenty of time to take him down.

Machineguns
    Out of missiles? Don't worry, the machineguns of aircraft will tear other aircraft in pieces in no-time. Just make sure that you have around 30 cm leading in front of the aircraft if it is pictching.

Keep the bomber sight
    If you see an enemy aircraft that is moving randomly, then put on the bomber sight and wait for him to drop his bombs, then wait till he heads on home, and when he gets static on the way home, change to missiles and blow him out of the sky.

Use F9-F10-F11-F12
    If the target gets out of sight, use the F(9-12) buttons to locate him, then keep hunting.

Global tips

Repairs
    Don't land for repairs, its safer to fly over the airfield a few times. The only safe aircraft to go get repairs is the F-35B, since you are hovering you can always increase altitude if someone tries to take you out and dodge him.

F-35B Rocket Launch
    Many of you know how to make the F-35B launch like a rocket by thrusthing down to -100% and then full throttle with burner. But sometimes you go backwards out of the carrier deck and end up drinking salty water, when you thrust negative, pitch up until the tail hits the ground, if you pitch more than that you will be wet, then full throttle with burners and take off.

Radar
    When strafing and bombing enemy targets, make sure that there are no friends around it by checking the radar, since guys that are about to C4 a tank and land in a bombing strike, even if the tank dies, will be pissed off and punish you.

Hope it helps some of you.

102 knife kills? Looks like someone is a medic cheater...Nice tips, but I dislike your use of cheating for personal score gain.

Comment

Don't you think you're a little quick to accuse him?

I dont' cheat and I have 75 knife kills.

Great tips.

Comment

what does f9, f10, f11 and f12 do?

oh change views i forgot

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by skuppers
            102 knife kills? Looks like someone is a medic cheater...Nice tips, but I dislike your use of cheating for personal score gain.
            Its called being stealthy and able to sneak up behind enemies....
            Oh, and also direct assault some surprised fools in Mashtuur and Karkland

Comment

Re: Jet tips.

Lol, I have liek 157 knife kills and i only been playing for a month....
              I dont cheat...
              Someone's a bit of a noob...

Comment

Originally posted by skuppers View Post
                Oh My God..

I normally say OMG, but this deserves a Oh my God. I mean how dumb can you be :|: Weirdo.. Learn the game first.. 102 is not much at all.. I'm Colonel (2nd account) and I have 500 - 600 Knife kills. It's as easy as hell.. Jeez. Why am I even posting this

Comment

Originally posted by 0-FreezeBurn-0
                  Lol, I have liek 157 knife kills and i only been playing for a month....
                  I dont cheat...
                  Someone's a bit of a noob...
                  Originally posted by =[4th]=RedLeg View Post
                  Oh My God..

I normally say OMG, but this deserves a Oh my God. I mean how dumb can you be :|: Weirdo.. Learn the game first.. 102 is not much at all.. I'm Colonel (2nd account) and I have 500 - 600 Knife kills. It's as easy as hell.. Jeez. Why am I even posting this

August 2nd, 2005. The date of the original post.

Comment

Originally posted by =[4th]=RedLeg View Post
                    Oh My God..

I thought the same thing, then I saw the date :|: least someone else bit the bullet instead of me this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                      August 2nd, 2005. The date of the original post.

Wasn't me who revived the topic Didn't see it lol :laugh:

Comment

getting back on topic here.

i'm fairly competent when it comes to actual flying however when i have a target locked onto me i ALWAYS get pwned , yet when i fire on other targets when in dog fights 50% of the time the missiles miss the target, how do pilots do that ?

and what kind of throttle % should i be using for different tasks ?

Comment

I have more than 100 kills with shock paddles and over a 1,000 with the knife:laugh: , and I am just a capataino.

Sniper2068

Cheers

Comment

i usually try to kep 100% throttle..u cant turn as tightly when ur going slower and turning is waht lets u evade missiles since missiles dont turn as well as ur jet

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Is_Scary View Post
                              I have more than 100 kills with shock paddles and over a 1,000 with the knife:laugh: , and I am just a capataino.

Sniper2068

Cheers
                              My Paddle kills: 563 :laugh: Paddle FTW!

Comment

Working...
                              X