Claymores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claymores

I found out recently much to my horror that they can be blown up by a chopper hovering nearby. I was inside a building capping a flag in Kubra, and mined both entrances (there was no chance any friendlies would show up). A tank came on by, so so we were getting nowhere, the flag was sitting on neutral. Then a chopper came on by and hovered nearby, and blew up my claymore by flying past!!!

which brings me to a question, what exactly does it take to set one of them off? I've walked past my own 5m away and blown up, and then i've seen a guy crawl about 1m away and not set it off. I'm confused?

ya i have had sum1 right by it not blow up on the other team but then my teamate has a little bit of his gun barrel in front ofit and it detonate

Comment

i think its the direction you place this, like if you place them facing vertically they dont explode if u walk vertically next to them, they only seem to explode for me when the target walks towards them when they are place horizontally

Comment

Well in the real world,claymores go off either by some sort of a trip wire,or they can be remote detonated,with a wired remote.But in the game,not sure what it takes to set them off.

Comment

Maybe they have the laser sensors like in MGS

Comment

The claymore has an eight meter range with a fifty degree field of view and blast radius in the game. Not unlike this: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/l...8-claymore.htm

The claymore in game is triggered by motion within eight meters in the 50° field ahead, but causes damage ten meters ahead in a slightly wider field and two meters around it's origin.

Note to snipers: Stop putting these right on top of ladders. You have eight meters to make use of.

Comment

How did you find that out?

Comment

Extensive testing. Must have blown myself up about ninety times.

Comment

Well, at least now it's a good thing to know how it works, because it seems so random, sometimes you walk by it and nothing happens, sometimes you are like 5 meters from it and you get killed.

Comment

You know what's really interesting is when you're an engineer in a helicopter...drop a mine and it somehow blows up the entire helicopter even though you are obviously a couple feet off the ground. Now that sucks...

Comment

Originally posted by Halious
                      The claymore has an eight meter range with a fifty degree field of view and blast radius in the game. Not unlike this: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/l...8-claymore.htm

The claymore in game is triggered by motion within eight meters in the 50° field ahead, but causes damage ten meters ahead in a slightly wider field and two meters around it's origin.

Note to snipers: Stop putting these right on top of ladders. You have eight meters to make use of.
                      thx for the note ^^

Comment

Ok cheers, but where is ahead? It looks the same on front and back, and the sides are the same too?

Comment

Sucks for you.

Comment

ROFL, I love how the diagram has an arrow pointing to the blast radius and it says "Stay out of here" DUUUUUUH, and the actual mine says "Front: TWARD ENEMY" How stupid do they think our soldiers are?

Comment

I hate when someone puts it at top of ladder and u go up and boom now u are dead... and they are on your team!

Comment

Working...
                              X