Claymores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baggygreen
    Ok cheers, but where is ahead? It looks the same on front and back, and the sides are the same too?
    "Ahead" is directly where you're facing if you're the sniper who drops the thing. The claymore is a curved crescent shape, like a parentheses. If you spot the claymore, it won't be too difficult to see which side is the back and if you can maneuver around it.

This area is certain death! ( Yay, safe zone!

Comment

Originally posted by Halious
      If you spot the claymore
      But, then again, if the mine-layer was doing his job right, you wouldn't be able to see it...

Comment

Hence the "if". A properly placed claymore would usually be a ways behind the corner, a too-late spot when the enemy (or friendly) goes by.

Claymores are also effective when you put it right out in the open, a deterrence to slow down the enemy. A support and sniper put claymores at the end of a street, seperated enough for friendlies to pass by, but made so the enemy had to take precautions, when they passed through, they'd either get blown up running by or shot down while taking their time.

Comment

it is a motion detector so it will go off if anything large enough goes past it. when you set down a claymore mine, you usually dig the legs into the ground so it has coverage over anything infront of it. in BF2 they just set it down and wait. however, i have seen them remotely detonated like a C4. the max effective range of the M18 Claymore mine is 50 meters. ive had cars drive past them and not get damaged. if you were in a fast attack vehicle and you drove past a Claymore, it would fire pellets in your face and kill you

Comment

correct me if i am wrong, but you get a little skull ifyou are climbing up a ladder and there is a claymore at the top. i do anyways. i am sick of people punishing me when they kill themselves on my mines i am placing to protect myself, so i can snipe the people that would be killing the people that punish me. my god. LOOK AT THE SKULL.

Comment

Claymores are brilliant weapons in-game, punishers aside. As a sniper, if you're ever spotted, you can run round a corner (if there is one) and drop a nade while running and then start deploying claymores. Pretty easy to take out two or more people like this, and of course you have a chance to escape.

Comment

Lol...i have had loads of problems with the mines...didnt know which way way the front or what there detonation range was.

that is until i saw a real claymore at the airshow this weekend...it had "point this end at enemy" printed on the front...i thought to myself "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...thats the front..."

Comment

Movement of human or heat signiture I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by rhohan
                    you get a little skull ifyou are climbing up a ladder and there is a claymore at the top... i am placing to protect myself... LOOK AT THE SKULL.
                    I'm looking at the skull. You put it directly on top of the ladder. I need to get up there, too. I'm stuck down here with no help and you're up there without a good angle to shoot the guys directly below you. I'm in trouble. I need to get up. Oh hell, I can't get up; you blocked the path and have taken the roof ALL TO YOURSELF.

Eight meters and a fifty degree cone, use it. Put the claymore to the side, facing slightly away from the ladder, so I can get up, notice the skull and properly move around it while the enemy will run directly forward into the trigger area.

Here's a visual aid!

Comment

Originally posted by rhohan
                      correct me if i am wrong, but you get a little skull ifyou are climbing up a ladder and there is a claymore at the top. i do anyways. i am sick of people punishing me when they kill themselves on my mines i am placing to protect myself, so i can snipe the people that would be killing the people that punish me. my god. LOOK AT THE SKULL.
                      you are right, but it doesn't always work or it shows up too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Halious
                        I'm looking at the skull. You put it directly on top of the ladder. I need to get up there, too. I'm stuck down here with no help and you're up there without a good angle to shoot the guys directly below you. I'm in trouble. I need to get up. Oh hell, I can't get up; you blocked the path and have taken the roof ALL TO YOURSELF.

Eight meters and a fifty degree cone, use it. Put the claymore to the side, facing slightly away from the ladder, so I can get up, notice the skull and properly move around it while the enemy will run directly forward into the trigger area.

Here's a visual aid!
                        That also takes out almost an entire side of the roof top to shoot off of. Ultimately there is no good way to secure a roof without someone wanting to come up unless you pick a roof that is off the beaten path.

Regardless, people need to stop punishing for claymore TKs. I've even had people punish then revenge kill me because they think I shot them. So not only did they miss the bright red skull and crossbones, but they missed the fact that it was a claymore that killed them.

It happens though, I'll walk right into a claymore if I need to clear it to move to a position...

Comment

Originally posted by CritikalMASS
                          That also takes out almost an entire side of the roof top to shoot off of. Ultimately there is no good way to secure a roof...
                          The figure on the left is a "near-perfect" way (allies have the gateway and the notice, if they trigger it, they're at fault, and if they punish, at least it is known who is the arse in the situation).

You don't need the whole side of a wall to see and shoot the area over there. You could be near the top-right corner and see everything at the bottom right, or the bottom left and see all at the bottom right, you'd only be about five meters further from your intended target.

Comment

I really like your diagram and will certainly test it tonight. I do kind of agree tho that your setup costs the sniper a lot of area. Whenever I go to the top of a ladder I wait a second or 2 before I hit the end....and look for a skull. Give the lag a chance to catchup. I know I have seen my claymores go away but I see no indicator of a teamkill OR a kill. and no one comes after me, so I am confused when that happens.

Comment

I think f anyone gets killed while a red skull is on screen it should go down as a suicide (which it is) and they lose points

Comment

when i deploy claymores and i see that a squad is about to run right over them, i sprint and hurl myself onto it so i blowmyself up. rather take the suicide than the 2-3 tk's

Comment

Working...
                                X