Modeling...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modeling...

Well, for my future career, I would like to be a game designer. I wanna learn how to model objects such as buildings, cars, lightpoles, really anything that could be used in creating maps and such. Anyway, I was wondering what the best program for this would be, and what the best tutorial site would be. Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh, also. I wanted to learn how to skin the models I make. Again, and help would be much appreciated...

Modelling = 3dsmax
    Unwrapping (You give a 3d object a 2d texture map so it can be skinned) = 3dsmax
    Skinning = photoshop

Took me ~1 year of learning the Photoshop Tools before I could skin something close to good. Modelling I can't comment on, unwrapping isn't hard but takes a long time and very tedious. Then again my planned field is forensics so it'll be faster for you if you're dedicated to being a game developer.

No tutorials sorry, don't have any bookmarked. I would just get familiar with the programs before trying anything. If you need any help just search for it on google, lots of information out there.

Comment

Alright, thanks a lot for the reply. I guess I'll start getting familiar with Modeling, Unwrapping, and Skinning before the mod tools come out. That should be a while ...

Comment

I would suggest that if you are looking to learn modelling for a job that you look at Maya AND Max. Max is highly regarded for game modelling, but you will find most newer studios are using Maya.

I found this post to be extremely helpful about getting a job in the industry:

Comment

Working...
        X