Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spec ops tips please!!

Hey guys

I have ran a couple of searches for like "spec+ops+tips" or just one of the words but came up with nothing

I'm completely new to BF2 and so far all I've done is SP to get a feel for the game. I have some friends already online so now I need some info to make me more useful to the squad.

Ok I play Spec ops, as you may have guessed, and so far I've loved every minute of it. Here's my usual tactic:

Find a buggy/car quick then drive around the edge of the map. Get to the enemy base and take down any hostiles in the area, or run like hell if I'm outgunned/outnumbered. Once at the enemy base C4 the command centre/Artillery/AA guns and so forth, while rigging their vehicles to blow. I then head back to the nearest team flag and get healed/reloaded before heading back, making sure to blow the rest of the C4's in case the enemy are driving rigged cars and so forth. Then its kind of running back and forth between the nearest flag(defending if needed) and enemy base C4ing static guns and stuff.

Now that lot's pretty basic and predictable. Is there anything else I can do? I know I can rig sniper positions once I learn them but what about sneakiness and general combat tips?

Any help is greatly appreciated guys.

Heres something i didnt notice till other day. You can set off 1-5 charges not all 5 i didnt know u can right click after u drop one charge and it moves to your detonator that way u can make them last longer. Im sure most of you all knew this.

Comment

Yeah I did, however I just read somewhere else that you can rig your own car with C4 then drive it at the enemy, jump out and blow it. Not too shabby

Comment

Originally posted by Crashlander
        Yeah I did, however I just read somewhere else that you can rig your own car with C4 then drive it at the enemy, jump out and blow it. Not too shabby
        Some times that dosn't work, enter the Jihad Jeep. C4 an AMERICAN jeep as they go faster. Ram it into a tank. If you don't explode on contact, jump out and hit the detonator.

Comment

Originally posted by Crashlander
          Yep, thats the way I got my explosives badge.

Comment

Constantly scan around you. Never just run straight into the flag area unless you know it is absoulutly free of charlie.

-Always reload when you have time.

- Never let your guard down.

-Always stay hidden.

- Be ready to shoot when getting shot at.

- However useful that car bombing might be. On most servers it takes away 2 points for suicide which may not be worth 1 or 2 kills.

Comment

Ya i got mine same way 13 kills in one round with c4, etc

I just put 3-4 on front and drive at "E" then jump out at contact....boom

Comment

Copy/pasted from one of my posts on another thread.

1- Against troops: Try to hide and kill them while you are lying on the ground (aiming to the head of course).
                2- Against tanks: If i see them i usually try to sneak and plant two C4 at their rear.
                3- Against tanks: Plant 2, 3 or even 4 C4 charges on the edges of a road (or in the middle if the road is black or dark) and wait for tanks to come (pretty useful while defending a flag).

Comment

Kamikaze jeeps do not give suicides usually. Got me the explosives badge. Try it.

Comment

Is it that hard to see the BOLD RED writing, asking you NOT to request help in this forum?

~Salad

Comment

The bold red font asking not to ask for help has actually led to hints and tips...................

Comment

Originally posted by SaladFork
                        Is it that hard to see the BOLD RED writing, asking you NOT to request help in this forum?

~Salad
                        LMFAO Salad. I know EXACTLY what you mean. People do not read anymore. :laugh:

Comment

Quick tip if you want hte explosives badge:

In urban fights peak around a corner and if you see a enemy troop make sure he sees you. Step back place c4 on the wall in knee height and step back about 10-20 meters as he'll either do 1) Charge at you ( kaboom!) 2) Throw a handgrenade and charge at you. So be at a clear safe distance and have that trigger ready.

Rinse repeat.

General tip: Always try and hide the C4, be it at a flagpost holder, or vertical walls instead of on the ground. Make it hard to spot and you will be good to go!

Comment

Saladfork + Relativity..... Sigh.
                            Nah thats it really. Thats all I have to say. Sigh.

Always two isn't there?

"Man! You didn't, like, follow the rules man! You're, like, EVIL or something!"

Must be ace to be so superior?

Comment

Learn and post your strategies here:

Comment

Working...
                              X