No announcement yet.

Nvidia users help with 7800 GTX please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm sounds weird. 2GB of memory made a difference when i upgraded, but not THAT much, but if you get to return it, thne get a BFG GTX cause the BFG's are nice.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleD
      If you only have 1 gig of RAM i would blame it on that, friend of mine had the same problem, upped his ram and it runs fine now.

1GB of RAM should be more then enough with his system. You need to run the common things, defrag, etc, etc.

Also what are your sound settings? and sound card? This game is very demanding all around, including sound, and yes sound can effect FPS!

Comment

Originally posted by Got3n™
        hmmm sounds weird. 2GB of memory made a difference when i upgraded, but not THAT much, but if you get to return it, thne get a BFG GTX cause the BFG's are nice.
        It really doesn't matter which card you choose right now, they are all like reference boards. They all have similar circuitry boards, same coolers and such. It says in reviews that Nvidia is making 7800 cards right now, that's the way they had so many card in shops right after the lauch. Price varies a lot, though. Manufacturer's merely change clock speeds, add own logos and make retail packages. BFG is good choise as it has highest oc'd cards right now, but all cards should have similar possibilities. All I want to say that it's not wise to return card if it isn't really broken.

I run the game at highest settings @ 1280x960 and I get around 100 FPS nearly always, with sudden drops to 70 at random. So I have this stuttering/hiccup problem also, but I suppose it relates to a lack of memory. I need another 1 gig for sure... This problem exists only in BF2, though... No other game stutters in any way.

Comment

Working...
        X