ONE community aspect that has imporved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toxic
    Probably more respect. In fact, if I see a teammate working on his tank, I will jump in the gunner's seat so he can get some teampoints for his effort.

THANK YOU! I play engie a lot, I just love the AT mines(I ted the oilfields today, every 5 second you'd see Underpant[AT Mine]TankWhore123). Well, I try to repair everything I see (despite the little reward) and sometimes the people GET OUT of the care while I'm repairing it, WTF.

Comment

I've seen tanks stolen before...but very few times. People usually understand that if you hopped out of your tank and are repairing it that you want back in and that you had it first.

Comment

tanks aren't stolen that often, but it still happens, and it is VERY irritating when it does. i've spent like 2/3 of my playing time (out of ~22 hours) in a tank (yes i'm a "tankwhore") and it sometimes happens. i've gotten to the point where i always try to park the vehicle somewhere that there is only one exit, and i stand there while repairing so a thief has to tk me to steal the tank. last time my tank was stolen, the jerk escaped, and i had to like chase after him and throw myself under the treads to force a tk. tank-jackings are the only time i feel there is a 100% legitimate reason to abuse the tk system.

in my idle time i've worked out in my head a system to prevent tank thefts (from an engy perspective). if someone has a tank for more then a minute, the tank is theirs. if they get out and start to repair, the tank is tagged as theirs and if anyone else jumps in, the owner has a choice to punish the theft. if they chose to punish, then the thief is warned about it and has a few seconds to jump back out before the punish occurs. punish would be a point deduction and ejection from the vehicle.

Comment

Well, one time playing Dalian Plant I jumped out to repair my tank and of course, another team member jumps into the tank and drives off. I start running after it, but then something surprising happened. He stopped and backed up a bit, got out of it and let me have it back. That was definitely the first time that's happened to me, and I drive tanks about 75% of the time. I've had my tanks stolen more times than I can remember in BF42, but this is the first time it's been given back to me.

Comment

Dropping mines around your tank while you are repairing is perfectly acceptable gameplay IMHO, and any player who sees an engy teammate repairing his tank, steals the tank, and gets TKed by the engy's mine and punishes, is a whiny-ass, cry-baby, little girl, who deserves to be immediately kicked from the server themselves. The last thing you want while repairing a tank is for an enemy to run up on the other side of you and hop in. So, mining your tank in order to 'lock' it and avoid such a situation is just intelligent gameplay. Anyone who sees an engy teammate fixing an empty tank should automatically assume that the engy is a smart player who has locked his tank. If they fail to make that assumption, it's just their own weak gameplay and their own fault they were TKed.

Comment

Originally posted by GatorDawg
              Dropping mines around your tank while you are repairing is perfectly acceptable gameplay IMHO, and any player who sees an engy teammate repairing his tank, steals the tank, and gets TKed by the engy's mine and punishes, is a whiny-ass, cry-baby, little girl, who deserves to be immediately kicked from the server themselves. The last thing you want while repairing a tank is for an enemy to run up on the other side of you and hop in. So, mining your tank in order to 'lock' it and avoid such a situation is just intelligent gameplay. Anyone who sees an engy teammate fixing an empty tank should automatically assume that the engy is a smart player who has locked his tank. If they fail to make that assumption, it's just their own weak gameplay and their own fault they were TKed.
              true, they may be whiny-ass, cry-baby, little girls who deserve to be immediately kicked from the server... problem is, thats not much consolation to me when i'm watching someone drive off with my tank and mining your tank, eh thats a huge pain in the rear. i have better uses for my mines anyway i agree with most people in that normally tank theft doesn't happen that often in bf2

Comment

Working...
              X