No announcement yet.

Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My cmd program is screwed, every time I open the ogg exe's it closes.

Comment

Originally posted by Revek
      My cmd program is screwed, every time I open the ogg exe's it closes.
      sounds like you are running the exe's by double clicking, go to start>run and type cmd in there... it will open a seperate window that will stay open.

Comment

ah thanks.

I kno ima sound nub when I say this but... What do I type to get to the folder? XD C:\ is the only command I know in cmd.

Comment

browse to the folder you have your .wav's and vorbis tool exe's in by typing X: (x being whatever drive you have the files on) and then type cd folder\where\files\are at this point it should say X:\folder\where\files\are> and from here you carry out the commands that I typed up in my initial tut post. Make sure the ogginfo and oggenc executable files are in the same folder that you browse to and that the .ogg and .wav files are there as well.

Comment

Hey thanks alot man, I am sure your helping alot of modders out here.

Comment

I would hope 'official modders' would be able to get this far on their own... considering it only took me an afternoon of sleuthing to do this.

did you get it working btw?

Comment

anyone savvy enough to give me a quick rundown of making a custom mod based on the current bf2 folder? basically i want to just make a copy of the current bf2 folder, rename it to something else like 'custom sound bf2' and that way be able to switch between the two without having to replace sound files every time i want to play single player and enjoy my fun sounds...

Comment

yeah, got it to work, copying it and changing sounds/files should work.

Comment

The simpliest way to make a bf2 usable ogg file

Originally posted by tF-voodoochild View Post
                    By request, a simply tutorial on how to replace the default .ogg sound files with your own custom sound files.

Note: replacing sound files WILL NOT allow you to play on anything but local servers!

Firstly some ogg vorbis tools that will be needed:
                    oggenc.exe
                    and ogginfo.exe.
                    Hi,
                    thanks for your tutorial.
                    It was useful to me to at least find some useful tools.
                    Anyway i have found that the link to oggenc.exe is dead.

Instead i can point you to this oggencd.exe tool that does the work for me.
                    The tools require also a libmmd.dll file that you can find here

As from my experience BF2 ( ver. 1.1.2551.0 ) doesn't care of the .Ogg serial number nor of the Sample rate ( 22KHz or 44KHz ) neither of the sample size ( 16 bit or 32 bit ).
                    It care for sure of the Ogg encoder version.
                    I have found that ver. 1.0.1 works while later versions doesn't.

The simpliest way to convert a .wav to a BF2 usable .ogg is this:
                    1) unpack oggencd.zip and libmmd9.1.zip on the same folder
                    2) Drag your .wav file over oggencd.exe and release.
                    3) Wait the end of the encoding process and you will find the 1.0.1 BF2 usable ogg file
                    on the same folder of the source .wav file.

If you want to encode using a preferred bitrate you can make a link to oggencd.exe and, on the target field of the link property, add the " -b 128" parameter to obtain a 128 kbps Variable Bitrate ogg file.
                    Below and example of the target field contents:
                    "H:\Bf2 Suite\Tips&Tweaks\Custom sounds\Tools\oggencd.exe" -b 128

Once the link is ready you can just drag the .wav file over the link and you are done!

Hope this helps.
                    Regards

Alessio ( from Italy )

Comment

Working...
                    X