Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music

Ok, I need to know a program to convert mp3/wav files to .ogg that is usable in bf2, plz tell me the config for the file too :cry: .

I am also wanting to replace my end game sounds with some stuff from "Team America: The Movie" but am stuck on what i can only assume is the ogg encoding. The only difference I can find between the originals and my new files is that mine use ogg 1.1.0 instead of 1.0.1 but I don't see why that would cause problems...

Anyone have a solution?

Comment

Not totally sure but you can check out www.goldwave.com

I know they handle .ogg

Comment

Any one actually get sound to work in this game?
        (other than the original sounds )

Comment

I believe Sound Forge is a program that can open and edit .ogg files.....

Comment

there are numerous programs that can edit ogg files, thats the easy part...

just need someone to figure out how to put custom sounds into the game and have it work!

Comment

if you rename the file exactly as it appears in BF2... then wouldn't the game think the file you put in there IS the original file and play it??? If you overwrite the original music files, how could the game tell the difference?

This is what I would imagine would happen...

Comment

Search for DBPowerAMP on Google.

Great free easy media conversion tool.

Comment

Tried to replace the cockpit sound of the cobra with slayer - angel of death.
                  Converted it to ogg but for anv reason, bf didnt want to play it :cry:

Comment

LMAO Slayer would rock flying, I used that goldwave thing, the format is...

Ogg Vobris 1.1.0, 44100Hz, 105kbps, stereo. Only thing is goldwav doesn't have that as a save option....

Comment

okay, so after a day of trial and error I managed to figure out why bf2 wouldn't play our files.

what I discovered is that .ogg files have randomly created serial's embedded in them when encoded, somehow bf2 checks these I assume since I managed to encode multiple audio files using oggenc and changed their embedded serial number to match those of the original files.

this works fantastically on a local server, however when I tried to connect to a server online it gave me a message along the lines of "this server does not allow modified content, please revert your bf2 install blah blah blah..." so clearly there is some sort of crc check for playing online (which is good for in game stuff so you can't amplify footstep sounds or do other things which would give you an advantage, but unfortunately they crc check even the end game sound files that I modified despite the fact that they do not have any affect during gameplay.)

another thing worth noting if anyone else decides to modify sound files is that when specifying a serial number using oggenc the you input ascii text obviously, but that text is then converted into unicode for the final serial that gets embedded (that bit took me most of the day to figure out!)

good luck and let me know if anyone can figure out a way around the crc checks! :P

Comment

I am glad they dont allow you to use modded files in a server that doesn't have them installed.

"which is good for in game stuff so you can't amplify footstep sounds or do other things which would give you an advantage"

Any ways can you post a tutorial on how you did it and a link to the program?

Comment

Originally posted by Revek
                          I am glad they dont allow you to use modded files in a server that doesn't have them installed.
                          I agree for stuff that is used IN GAME but for music at the end of the game... c'mon there is no advantage to be gained from that! Unless other players hear about my awesome winning and losing sounds and get jealous or something :P

I will see if I can put together some sort of step by step walkthrough of how I got working sounds (hope EA doesn't sue me for this or something...)

Comment

Originally posted by tF-voodoochild
                            I will see if I can put together some sort of step by step walkthrough of how I got working sounds (hope EA doesn't sue me for this or something...)
                            Thanks man, you won't get sued, alot of modders seem stressed about getting sued lately, god I hate ESRB so much now..

Comment

Custom Sound Replacing Tutorial

By request, a simply tutorial on how to replace the default .ogg sound files with your own custom sound files.

Note: replacing sound files WILL NOT allow you to play on anything but local servers!

Firstly some ogg vorbis tools that will be needed:
                              oggenc.exe
                              and ogginfo.exe.

And this web page will come in handy later on when we will have to convert some ascii into unicode.

Okay! So you want to put some custom sounds into Battlefield 2 eh? Well first you need to find the sound files that you want to replace. In my case I wanted to have custom win and loss sounds for the end of the round. The round ending music files were found in \Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Common_client.zip\Sound\Menu\music

Note: Before doing ANY editing to the files in your bf2 folder make sure you have a clean backup copy somewhere to revert to if needed!
                              • Use your favorite sound editor to cut some music together, I chose Cool Edit Pro (which requires an ogg plugin to be able to read and encode ogg files.)

• Render out your edited music to .wav format.

• Place the .wav files in a folder along with the .exe files from Vorbis Tools and the copies of the original .ogg files that you are wanting to replace.

• Bring up a command line and change directory to the folder where you have the Vorbis Tools and sound files.

• First we need to figure out the serial for the original files. In the command line type ogginfo insertfilename.wav (replacing 'insertfilename' with the actual file name :P) Do this for all original files and make sure to write down the serial numbers that it lists.

• Now we are going to convert those unicode serials into ascii using the site listed above. Check out this image if you need help with this step. Make sure you write down the ascii numbers as well.

• Next it is time to convert your custom .wav files into suitable .ogg files. Still in command line type oggenc -b 112 -s (serial number) (replace serial number with the serial number minus the parenthesis) Note: the serial number will be 8 digits in total, however the ascii you get from the web site converter will give you 4 or 5 since it simply removes zero's in the front of a number. Just fill it in with zero's in front of the 4 or 5 numbers you get out of the converter. ie. using the example shown in the help image above I take 19882 and enter 00019882 in the command line for my serial. Repeat for each .wav file you have.

• Just to be sure compare the original .ogg files to your newly created ones in the command line using ogginfo filename1.ogg filename2.ogg (Replace filename1.ogg blah blah and filename2.ogg blah.) Check to make sure that the bitrate and serial numbers are identical.

• Finally rename your custom .ogg files to match the naming convention of the original .ogg files and place them in your BF2 folder in the appropriate location.

• Fire up Battlefield 2 and enjoy!

Once again, if ANYTHING is changed in the bf2 folder you will not be able to play on anything other than local servers because of the crc checks that battlefield does upon client load unless perhaps the server also has the same modifications (have yet to test this. If you do test this with modified servers, please let me know as I would appreciate it!)

Any questions can be posted here. I will do my best to help, however, I do not consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to technical things such as this, or game modding at all beyond 3d animation (my chosen field of study.) Everything in this tutorial was discovered by me in a single afternoon simply by searching through the proper resources online and reading posts from people who know more about the topic than I do.

Thanks for reading, and enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                              X