No announcement yet.

Why no Medal of Honor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makes me all teary and think of that "AMERICA!!!! **** YEAH!!!!!" thing from Team America lol.

Comment

Originally posted by a1pointguard
      Why would you disgrace something so huge like the Medal of Honor on a video game?
      You answered it yourself. It is just a game. Big difference between a picture on the screen and the medal in your hands.

Comment

The reason I made the satrting comment about having the medal in game was because people were typing things like "I would be proud of it" and stuff like that. People do take games too seriously so you do not need to put a very distinguishing medal in the game.

Comment

Hell, I'd be proud if I can get any medal in this game. It's called an award. You accomplish something, you get rewarded. It shows your dedicated. However, I'm not going to go around to my friends and be like "I'm honored. I recieved the medal of honor last night in BF2. I'm proud to have led my squad through enemy lines take control of the TV station, which crippled their army."

The day I do that, is the day I ask someone to uninstall BF2, delete my gamespy account, then shoot me.

It's a game. Period.

Comment

Why would you disgrace something so huge like the Medal of Honor on a video game?
            Is that possible? Paul Bremer got one, and as Tenet's was basically earned sitting on his ass, it may well be appropriate for bf2.

Comment

victoria cross > MoH

Comment

Originally posted by Kleinzeit
                Is that possible? Paul Bremer got one, and as Tenet's was basically earned sitting on his ass, it may well be appropriate for bf2.
                I don't think they got the Medal of Honor, I believe it was the Medal of Freedom that was awarded to them by President Bush.

Comment

Could be. I knew they both got a big gong, is all.

Comment

Read the Citations. Man that's good stories

I've just read the one of Adams Lucian. What a crazy ****! As far as I can compare, which is only against games. What he did is close to uber 1337 rushing.

Agerholm Christ es story sounds like our average Battlefield 2 Medic.

Comment

Another comrade, withdrawing, offered assistance. Sgt. Baker refused, insisting that he be left alone and be given a soldier's pistol with its remaining 8 rounds of ammunition. When last seen alive, Sgt. Baker was propped against a tree, pistol in hand, calmly facing the foe. Later Sgt. Baker's body was found in the same position, gun empty, with 8 Japanese lying dead before him. His deeds were in keeping with the highest traditions of the U.S. Army.
                      Good stuff

Comment

There is no MoH because the US Government is cracking down on unauthorized use of images of the MoH.

Comment

Since you can't enforce something without a law authorizing the employment of the force, there has to be a judical base to this "cracking down".

Actually how do they prevent it? Copyright?

If not copyright, then what. Hardly ther'll be a constitutionall bill that was appended to prevent precisely that.

Comment

Working...
                          X