A couple of 'how come' questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of 'how come' questions...

I got 2 questions that I'd like you guys to give your opinion on.

1. How come the mostly played map is Camp Gibraltar :|:?

2. How come most of the good/top BF2142 players are German :|:?

1. It's a "high-action" map. Mostly infantry paced tightly in a small place with lots of bottlenecks. Lots of targets means lots of points and thats what matters the most to alot of players.

2. No idea really. Maybe all that listening to Rammstein gets their adrenaline and testosterone levels so high there's just no stopping them.

But seriously you gotta remember that in BF2142 (score != skill) && (Score == time played). So these individuals probably just play too much. The average player skill level on most german servers is not in any way spectacular (especially when compared to nordic servers ).

Comment

2= just think of the general stereotype of germans War hungary and efficeint this will make the germans great at war game's. not try to be racist or anything

Comment

Originally posted by Drewsly
        not try to be racist or anything
        ------------------------

Comment

soz in advance if anyone take offence

Comment

2= just think of the general stereotype of germans War hungary and efficeint this will make the germans great at war game's. not try to be racist or anything
            I dont think your racist...

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
            But seriously you gotta remember that in BF2142 (score != skill) && (Score == time played). So these individuals probably just play too much. The average player skill level on most german servers is not in any way spectacular (especially when compared to nordic servers ).
            although I do agree with you to some extent.. but why is it that when you play on a server with most of the top 100 player they 9 times outa 10 get gold medal.. you never see a top 100 player ending up in the lower half of the score sheet all the time..

Comment

Originally posted by BallaAce
              I got 2 questions that I'd like you guys to give your opinion on.

1. How come the mostly played map is Camp Gibraltar :|:?

2. How come most of the good/top BF2142 players are German :|:?
              1: Camp allows for a lot of combat. Combat = points. Also a very good map to whore PK rockets like there's no tomorrow.

2: Not trying to be racist or anything, but Germans tend to play for points a lot (which isn't wrong, but still). Which means that they like being in the leaderboards. A lot of germans ae gamers as well, you don't see french gamers as much as you see german gamers a lot.

Comment

so fish you saying you alwas win gold medals then!

Comment

so fish you saying you alwas win gold medals then!

9 times out of 10 i do.. the commander will take a lot off me, i had a game last night and got 139 points.. the guy in 2nd place getting silver got 45 points

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
                    although I do agree with you to some extent.. but why is it that when you play on a server with most of the top 100 player they 9 times outa 10 get gold medal.. you never see a top 100 player ending up in the lower half of the score sheet all the time..
                    You're right. If you sort the leaderboards by time played, you don't get just the top scoring players in the lead...so sadly there are guys that play even more but don't even rank that well on the boards.

P.S. Haven't played on the same servers with the top 100.. at least not that i know of

Statistically you take the gold 1.99 times out of ten. And if we assume that every time you got silver, the commander robbed you of the gold, and subtract those, you got Gold 3.6 times out of ten. Sorry, i just had to do the math :P.

But anyways, to say it better (Score == skill * time played)

So, on topic, maybe it's just the crappy cold dark German winters that make people stick to the game enough to get crazy scores. r

Comment

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
                      Statistically you take the gold 1.99 times out of ten. And if we assume that every time you got silver, the commander robbed you of the gold, and subtract those, you got Gold 3.6 times out of ten. Sorry, i just had to do the math :P.

I wondered when someone would work that out.... I have played BF2142 since day one.. you are taking my persentage from then... obviously I didnt win my gold stars in the begining but we are not talking about the begining.. we are talking about being in the top 100.. so since I have been in the top 100 I can state that i get gold 9 time out of 10.

ps. ok im going to change that a little i get top of the score sheet 9 time out of 10... the commander will take a percentage lol come on a server sometime im on and see for yourself

Comment

I wondered when someone would work that out.... I have played BF2142 since day one.. you are taking my persentage from then... obviously I didnt win my gold stars in the begining but we are not talking about the begining.. we are talking about being in the top 100.. so since I have been in the top 100 I can state that i get gold 9 time out of 10.

ps. ok im going to change that a little i get top of the score sheet 9 time out of 10... the commander will take a percentage lol come on a server sometime im on and see for yourself
                        i can fully support your statement on this occasion. played against you many times and you always are at the top or near it:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by xslaneyx
                          i can fully support your statement on this occasion. played against you many times and you always are at the top or near it:salute:
                          thanks.. the cheques in the post

ho and well done on your 20,000+ tags

Comment

Thats because they don't just have time to play the game they also have played the game long enough to know how to earn points i.e. they know about tw along with they're able to kill more often then being killed and/or they just sit in titan guns and later defend their titan.

I've looked at people's stats that I've played with and sometimes I'm surprised at how much time they have put into the game but have a very low spm. For instance one guy I looked up after taking his tags in a server has played the game overall 75 days or over 1800 hrs while he has a global score of only 70,000 with a spm of .66 or another guy has played the game 72 days/1728 hrs with a global score of 131,000 with a spm of 1.15.

Comment

Yeah, we might end up on the same server some day. I get pretty decent ping on most UK servers and i never have anything against some good sqadplay.

You don't have to prove anything to me though. My intention was not to attack anyone because of their stats and certainly not to say that high ranked players are somehow worse players than others.

So, any more answers for #1 and #2 anyone?

Comment

Working...
                              X