Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just wanna say I'm not anti EA/DICE, I'm just really frustrated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a BrigGen in game (long time now), not a noob. Nevermind, not much difference betwwen a BrigGen and a noob, your right!

English is not my first language...I'm luck that my spellings/grammars half as good as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
      I'm a BrigGen in game (long time now), not a noob. Nevermind, not much difference betwwen a BrigGen and a noob, your right!

English is not my first language...I'm luck that my spellings/grammars half as good as it is.
      Sorry,man! Yes, I was having a go at native English speakers who do it, not those to whom English is a second language.

Comment

Hi there, I'm new to the board but not new to the battlefield series. Even though many here agrees that you can't support a game forever with a finite amount of money, what disturbs me more is how badly this game must be coded.
        For instance, being inside a building being able to shoot out from it. This is a MAJOR bug, almost ruining every public game of fall of berlin. Now this isn't new. Actually you can find this bug in Battlefield 1942 Battlefield Vietnam Battlefield 2 Battlefield 2142 Now, how would this be possible if they actually cared about the gamers when they were developing the next game?
        Since it's fully possible to make areas where you will die in a certain amount of time (outside map for example) it's mind boggling to see that they still haven't done this for the buildings.
        Other examples of utterly bad programming is that the client handles the commander assets timers. This makes it able for hackers to have unlimited assets.
        Have you ever seen the button "auto ready on" in bf2 interface? It's actually EVERY time you join a map, even though, it doesn't work and haven't been fixed since. Of course you've met the F3 seat of the european transport plane. It doesn't work, it doesn't work in the beta, but it was supposed to be fixed even in the current build.

For us who have played a while, we've seen that correctness and consistency is not of interest. For example, when BFV was released, most of the bugs already patched from BF42 was present again.

For those who remember when BF42 got new vehicles, they patched in honking sounds for these, but not the old one. That's old examples. Want new ones?

In BF2 it's quite easy to hear that somebodys gun is looping its sound, or that the medic "healing" sound is looping. Well you'll find these in BF2142 too. Remember that BF2 didn't support 1280x1024 at the beginning? Well that didn't BF42 or BFV either. It got patched in to BF2 eventually. Did that patch make its way into 2142? No. Did it get patched in later? No.
        If they cared about gamers, they would know that the most common setup isn't 4:3 CRT-screens but 5:4 or 16:10 TFTs. Fix it! It's just a menu option, nothing more. but no.

Okey, most of us probably live with the bugs and the bad programming. What else could we do? But what we not think of is that we actually PAY for evenbalance's Punkbuster. Even though many, many cheats go through,

EA doesn't seem to put any pressure on evenbalance to fix this and evenbalance doesn't care either. Me myself I've tried to mail them several time about many issues, even linking to the hacking sites and their files. So the next time somebody is even THINKING about "it's not EA/Dice fault, they don't have all money in the world", don't do that. Try to ask yourself, why are they coding the same mistakes over and over and over again? Why can't they program consistent and secure from the beginning? We're not talking added costs here, we're talking about doing things the right way. It's LOTS of cheaper to repair a fault during the programming phase than after.

Comment

Working...
        X