Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just wanna say I'm not anti EA/DICE, I'm just really frustrated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just wanna say I'm not anti EA/DICE, I'm just really frustrated.

Ok, I've been coming down on EA/DICE really, really hard lately. I use to be a voice of reason giving them every chance in the world. I'm still looking forward to a new BF game, which I will most then likely buy, but lately its just ridiculous at some of the crap they've been pulling as of late from promises they have no intention/way of keeping to out right lies to the community (New Patch for BF2 and 1.40 isn't the last patch for 2142) and policy changes that are no more then a death sentence to the 2 current Battlefield series games (EADM and Modding Rules). It seems while at the same time they are trying to drive players to newer EA/DICE games they are lying thru there teeth to keep the players who are currently still hooked on BF games happy.

Here is the flat fact, EA/DICE does not have unlimited resources, thus can not support a game until every player has moved. If a game isn't as popular they are going to cut support shorter to move on to the next big thing (and lets not kid our selfs: BF2 big hit, BF2142 not so big). If every one and there mother screams bloody murder that boosters are a bad idea before a booster comes out then the booster isn't going to do so well, even if it ends up being alot better the previous experiences and it is not financially responsible for a company to continue developing others (mind you Northern Strike was not as bad as Euro Forces and Armored Fury which in them self were fun). How much content support can your ever really expect from a company where your not paying monthly fees, support is going to be based on how well the game is selling (currently), not how many ppl are still playing the game (the boosters, really weren't that bad off an idea). If your gonna sell a game based on an great brand spanking new engine so the game looks really really pretty, your gonna have problems on release. By large and far the reason the BF2142 engine worked so much better then the BF2 engine was because it was a nerfed graphics engine. When your patching something your not necessarily removing bad code but adding to patch the bad code, this is where sometimes unexpected issues can pop up with hardware conflicts that were not foreseen in closed BETAs with more tightly controlled PCs.

One of the reasons I decided to type this up is not that I hate EA/DICE, they are a company trying to make money and maintain some face and that they are not all responsible for the mess that BF2/2142 is in. The community shares some of the responsibility as well for over blown reactions that literately hurt the bottom line. Like people spreading faults stories online to control stock out comes, except this is doing it unintentionally.

I like the BF series and I have not found another online multiplayer game that enjoy as much as the BF games. I get really bored of plain FPS, just the right amount of Arcade/Sim. And don't forget Infantry vs Armor is a flavor of the month thing.

yeah, thanx /rant

/rant?

Comment

i think DICE/EA gives too much credit to themselves for the fact that they have produced a unique game that really has no competition. their dominance in this genre of FPS games at the moment is not threatened. even QW:ET failed to supplant BF. because EA/DICE knows this and they know that BF gamers have nowhere else to go to get their fix, they do whatever the hell they want with the game, leaving bugs for almost a year, not fixing exploits, etc. that said, i have never seen a game company be this lax and careless when it comes to optimizing a game and doing what needs to be done to make things right. it feels like DICE is an one man operation at times because it takes ages for them to address issues.

Comment

Not to mention how other games are out and about talking about their games, being active in the community, while EA simply says "Beta patch." every 5 months.

Look at CoD4 for instance. They've got all these videos even before release, and the lead design whatever guy is out there doing all these interviews, but with EA, I don't know what a single employee looks like, let alone the lead 2142 guy. They don't talk to the community, they give instructions to us. They don't address problems like rooftop exploits with the beacon, they simply try little by little to fix pod drift, then a year after the games release they finally say "rooftop exploit is okay and intended". Sounds like someone can't figure out how to actually fix their own damn game and gives up. That about sums up 2142 right there "Oops, did I leave you with no food or water (patches and updates) for a week (months)? Well, seems you're malnourished and dehydrated and on the verge of death. Good luck with that, I'm off to Red Lobster (Bad Company, other games)"

Comment

I found out how to pod surf in the 1.4 Beta 2 Its actually easier than before, assuming the map goes east-west instead of north-south...

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin
            I found out how to pod surf in the 1.4 Beta 2 Its actually easier than before, assuming the map goes east-west instead of north-south...
            probably said to much already

Comment

Amazing, pod surfing is your biggest concern. Does anyone here realize just how easy it is to camp a beacon with a knife (this is how I got my knife badge)? Nothing like say we have max point restrictions on many things from Heals to Repairs, yet there are no point restrictions on the points that someone can get while EMPing things. Or the fact thats its more profitable to defend a Titan because of defender pins then it is to attack the Titan with weak problem solver pins. Or how easy it is to earn thousands of points by looking for servers with high pings because its very likely you'll load in with no rank. How about a rail gun with a high dpi mouse and ppl are complaining about widescreen being an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
                Amazing, pod surfing is your biggest concern. Does anyone here realize just how easy it is to camp a beacon with a knife (this is how I got my knife badge)? Nothing like say we have max point restrictions on many things from Heals to Repairs, yet there are no point restrictions on the points that someone can get while EMPing things. Or the fact thats its more profitable to defend a Titan because of defender pins then it is to attack the Titan with weak problem solver pins. Or how easy it is to earn thousands of points by looking for servers with high pings because its very likely you'll load in with no rank. How about a rail gun with a high dpi mouse and ppl are complaining about widescreen being an advantage.
                Rofl, I love doing that. People try to run up and knife me and I spin around in the turret and blast their face.

Comment

Because I've always been very, very strongly against rooftop-ing. It's not meant to be possible, but DICE can't fix their own mess so now they're just calling it okay. And trust me, I whore the roofs now, my K/D is soaring upwards thanks to it. Why? Because it's a cheap tactic that's far harder to counter than it is to partake. Myself and another guy spent 5 minutes on Gibraltar as EU with no spawn points sitting on top of the roof surrounding EU Base. Two medics, we couldn't die, yet got a good few kills fro m it. The whole enemy team against two people. We finally lost when we jumped down, knives out, rambo style.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox
                    Because I've always been very, very strongly against rooftop-ing. It's not meant to be possible, but DICE can't fix their own mess so now they're just calling it okay. And trust me, I whore the roofs now, my K/D is soaring upwards thanks to it. Why? Because it's a cheap tactic that's far harder to counter than it is to partake. Myself and another guy spent 5 minutes on Gibraltar as EU with no spawn points sitting on top of the roof surrounding EU Base. Two medics, we couldn't die, yet got a good few kills fro m it. The whole enemy team against two people. We finally lost when we jumped down, knives out, rambo style.
                    And no one ever thought of an Orbital Strike, I don't buy it bud.

Comment

And no one ever thought of an Orbital Strike, I don't buy it bud.
                      We were orbital struck. 2 medpacks on the ground, a med pack being held by each other kept us invincible for anything but a direct hit, which was revivable. People landed on there, we gunned them down. We died a couple times, and revived each other. There was a couple kick votes but none passed, thanks to people having voting turned off I bet.

The firing angle of PK rockets meant the couldn't hit the center of the roof too well, no one used an RDX shotty, or if they did no shots landed on the roof. Snipers couldn't see us due to PoV. A squad of 6 was the worst they could throw, and they landed unknowing where we were, unless a UAV was on at the time or something.

Comment

And thats where your caught in a lie, med packs blow up in Orbitals. And the only way for PK Rockets not to harm either of you would be if your standing in the middle of the roof just to be dicks. Rooftops give you an advantage, its called high ground, they do not make you supermen.

Comment

We were orbital struck. 2 medpacks on the ground, a med pack being held by each other kept us invincible for anything but a direct hit, which was revivable.
                          He said 2 on the ground and they both had them in their hands as well......

Comment

I understand your frustration, but, "it's no more THEN a death sentence"?

Better THEN...?
                            More THEN...?
                            Less THEN..?

Not picking on you at all Ranger (apologies in advance:salute, but ALL over the Internet I'm seeing this, and it's driving me crazy! Americans, British, every bloody one has got it into their (not there) heads that it's "better THEN"! :shakehead:Why? "Then" means, "at that time" or "next", or "also", or "in that case".

The word that they're (not there) looking for is "THAN" !

That is: Better THAN; more THAN; less THAN.:nod:

Hope that you will forgive my rant.

Comment

And thats where your caught in a lie, med packs blow up in Orbitals. And the only way for PK Rockets not to harm either of you would be if your standing in the middle of the roof just to be dicks. Rooftops give you an advantage, its called high ground, they do not make you supermen.
                              Wow man, get a life and job, it's called replacing them... maybe if you'd stop being a noob at the game you'd know how.

Comment

Working...
                              X