Stupid private bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid private bug

I decided to go ahead and get my gold pistol badge, so i joined the MIA 24/7 Gibraltar server and i noticed i was private, didn't think much of it because it happens often without me getting all the medals and ribbons over and over again.

After 5 pistol kills i get my bronze badge and then all the other badges started pouring it, i still thought that if i got 18 kills with the hand gun i would still get my gold....WRONG. After about 15 kills i noticed my silver never popped up, so i disconnect from the server and connect again to see if it will fix it. As soon as i join again and get 1 pistol kill, i get 5 hang gun pins in a row. So for sure i thought it would recognize that i have more than 18 kills and give me my gold. WRONG again. The round ends and all i saw was pins, i finished the round with 22 takao kills and no badge. Stupid retarded bug

Here is what my latest awards look like

SO i have to get my 18 kills all over again

EDIT
    After posting this, i went back to try it again and i was successful

This time i joined camp chaos and it helped out that the enemy team was not that good. So i finally got my gold.

Also, the pistol was the last gold i needed to get my medal. So at the end of the round i managed to get a 10 kill streak to get it. Now i can go to bed happy

nice... can you shed some light on how to consistently get the private bug? I like the extra points but I only get privated randomly :P

Comment

Well, if you could *make* yourself get it, that would fall into the catagory of stat-padding, wouldn't it? Not to mention being incredibly lame?

Comment

Nice work Quemical! Now that's setting a goal and going for it!

Comment

Originally posted by RottnJP
          Well, if you could *make* yourself get it, that would fall into the catagory of stat-padding, wouldn't it? Not to mention being incredibly lame?
          I reckon it can be done though. I sometimes play on a certain unnamed clan's server and there are nearly always at least one or two members showing as recruit, and at the top of the scoreboard. I know that more or less the whole clan have reached BG too and are very competitive (some ranked very highly in the world) so when you get sad people like that it doesn't seem so unlikely

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel
            Nice work Quemical! Now that's setting a goal and going for it!
            Thank you. My next goal is to get 7200 kills in air vehicles. That will take me about a year. lol

And i did not purposely go for the recruit bug. It just happens randomly. For some reason it was happening to me last night on the MIA clan's 24/7 gibraltar server. I even restarted the whole game, joined the server and it still said i was private. Some servers show everyone as private, but in this one it was pretty much just me. So it was kind of weird. Usually disconnecting and reconnecting fixes the problem for me. I only benefited from this bug once, and it was when i was still ranking up. I got a 2000 point ribbon a second time thanks to it, but last night it screwed me over from getting my gold badge

Comment

I like to think of the private bug kinda like Christmas.

You hope you get something good by being good, but you never know. You just gotta hang in there and believe that this year is it. :yay:

And if youre bad, you get a sack of coal to the head.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Quemical jump in with a good gunship pilot m8.You will get that in no time!

Comment

Originally posted by JumpStyle.
                  nice... can you shed some light on how to consistently get the private bug? I like the extra points but I only get privated randomly :P
                  Some servers are plagued with it. For one week, one of my favorite servers would private bug me every time I joined... It got fixed after that though.

Comment

Originally posted by SurgeY75
                    Quemical jump in with a good gunship pilot m8.You will get that in no time!
                    When i jump on board with good gunship pilots, i can get about 20 to 30 kills in a round. So let's do the math. In order for me to get 7200 kills in steps of 25, that would mean i have to hog the gunner seat for 288 rounds :dead:

Comment

Lucky, my private bug time takes away my unlocks and makes these things harder >_<

Comment

lol I think I've gotten maybe 3000 points for free cuz of the private bug
                        I feel kinda dirty when I get a ribbon for the 3rd time...

Comment

Can someone remind me...

Yesterday i got the private bug so that i didn't have any unlocks either. Wasn't it so that one form of the bug lets you keep your unlocks allthough you're a private?

I didn't even remember that you can get all your badges again when you have the bug. Then again... going for a badge usually just meese up my game (k/d) totally.

edit: then again, if it remembered your unlocks it would probably remember your badges too :P

Comment

Originally posted by NoseKi||s
                            Can someone remind me...

Yesterday i got the private bug so that i didn't have any unlocks either. Wasn't it so that one form of the bug lets you keep your unlocks allthough you're a private?

I didn't even remember that you can get all your badges again when you have the bug. Then again... going for a badge usually just meese up my game (k/d) totally.

edit: then again, if it remembered your unlocks it would probably remember your badges too :P
                            Yes, the bug that lets you keep your unlocks is the one that seems to count toward getting ribbons and badges again.

The one where you get nothing seems to not keep track of your time or stats either, so you dont get badges.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

i managed to get about 15000 points from that dam private bug, made reaching Bri Gen such an anti climax

Comment

Working...
                              X