Need Knife Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Knife Help

I would like to get some tips from you knife experts out there on strategies to be a better "shanker". I read some in the tips and tricks section, but they were a little old so I thought there may be some new tricks. I'm going to be attempting the knife badges soon and need some expert guidance.:salute:

Quite simple - practice!

Just get your knife out every chance you get and have a go. Lots of people have different techniques and you'll have to find whats best for you. Personally i like to dive at people and knife at the same time, once you master that its pretty unstoppable

You'll get your badges easy enough on the titans, i always have my knife out when i drop down the upper corridors, as im faster with my knife than any gun. Once the shields are down on your/their titan, just keep podding onto the top deck and drop down into the upper corridors

Comment

Ask Slaney or X or big Easy. Balla aint that bad also. I would say getting lower then the other player is what helps me.

Goto a knife server and learn the ropes. I know it sounds wrong, but it will help the most and fastest too.

Comment

That is unless you want to have a slight chance of stats wipe.

GO on youtube and type in knife and bf2142. You should see a lot of them. Then just watch and learn.

Comment

hit me up on xfire, I'll teach you in an empty server

Comment

IDS and high ground are invaluable for knifing.

Comment

for me its camo, minimap(very crucial assitant) and in some cases a high ground to drop in from. Also outsmarting the opposition by making your way behind the fight and knifing from behind.

and dont do knife duels if you can help it. im infamous for running away and gunning em down or i just rdx now. :laugh:

hope that helps

Comment

Clark. Only a fool would bring a knife to a gunfight.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude
                  Clark. Only a fool would bring a knife to a gunfight.
                  Only a fool with give up 1000 points for knife gold.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle
                    Only a fool with give up 1000 points for knife gold.
                    Only a fool cares about points.

What is it nowadays with those points you can get online? I just played bf2 (karkand.. I know I know, but I hate homosexual jet maps), and EVERYONE but me was spamming nades. All game long. So I booted up 2142, spawn, PK PK PK PK, oh boy, died to someone who didn't even aim. So I booted up Oblivion and killed the adoring fan.
                    On a serious note (although I DID kill him), why do people care so much about those points? I wouldn't give a damn if they'd wipe my stats. As long as I have unlocked support tree + sprint unlocks, I'd be fine. We just had a guy who wanted to join the clan. He hopped, spammed, and one hit killed me 7 times in a row. When I told him that he couldn't join, he responded with "But I had a lot of points!!!". I said "So? You didn't have fun." Why do people care about an online generated number? For me, skill > numbers.

Comment

My stategy is to find anyone who is doing something away from their computer. Just look in random places where no one would go anyways. It has worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude
                        Only a fool cares about points.

What is it nowadays with those points you can get online? I just played bf2 (karkand.. I know I know, but I hate homosexual jet maps), and EVERYONE but me was spamming nades. All game long. So I booted up 2142, spawn, PK PK PK PK, oh boy, died to someone who didn't even aim. So I booted up Oblivion and killed the adoring fan.
                        On a serious note (although I DID kill him), why do people care so much about those points? I wouldn't give a damn if they'd wipe my stats. As long as I have unlocked support tree + sprint unlocks, I'd be fine. We just had a guy who wanted to join the clan. He hopped, spammed, and one hit killed me 7 times in a row. When I told him that he couldn't join, he responded with "But I had a lot of points!!!". I said "So? You didn't have fun." Why do people care about an online generated number? For me, skill > numbers.
                        Obviously the TC is not a brig so he does not have all the unlocks. He needs points so he can rank up and get the new unlocks. For some (not me) points is what makes the game fun.

And other people don't like the clark. Some like being engineer or recon so they need more unlocks.

Comment

Wow! Thanks for all the tips. I've been watching some videos that have been put out, and a common thing I have seen is the camo (which I've used to knife a few) and works pretty well. I've also seen the sniper decoy. I don't have NS, but plan on getting it. Is the decoy worth it when it comes to knifing?

Comment

If there's a lot of people in a small area. People look at their minimap, thinks "OH no enemies around" just to be knifed from the back. You'll get accused of cheating a lot though, many people don't even know the decoy actually exists.

Comment

Decoy is ok, but i would rather take APM, as you can just throw both down straight away and at least you will be getting other kills as well

Comment

Working...
                              X