Squad Leader Success Points...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by haslo View Post
    what for did he make a squad in the first place?
    Squad leader TIME for the related ribbons and medals. I wish that Dice had at least designed the game such that squad leaders can only collect time for awards if they have at least 1 squad member, and issue an order. If you don't have any squad members and/or don't issue orders you should lose squad leader status. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond621
      If you issue the order from the tactical map, the order marker actually goes to the ground underneath the Titan. You'll get zero points from this.

It's a very common mistake among SLs that actually issue orders.
      I've noticed that to set the attack or defend order on a titan I need to right click the rear deck of the titan to get the attack/defend option. If I click anywhere else on the titan I give a "Relocate to this position" order.

Comment

Originally posted by bravespear View Post
        I've noticed that to set the attack or defend order on a titan I need to right click the rear deck of the titan to get the attack/defend option. If I click anywhere else on the titan I give a "Relocate to this position" order.
        Even that is flawed mate, I'd just use the 3D map icon you will notice considerably more success points (if your squad actually follow orders )

Comment

I love SL points lol, they are free points.

I have had well over a 100 SL points on tons of occasions. Go a SL with a good squad (eg: INF-UK) which means loads of kills/rez/etc which means lots of goodies lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ezekiel
            I love SL points lol, they are free points.

I have had well over a 100 SL points on tons of occasions. Go a SL with a good squad (eg: INF-UK) which means loads of kills/rez/etc which means lots of goodies lol
            When I ignore the "lol"s everywhere, I do agree with you

I also notice that accompanying your orders with some explanation (like, "I put a defend order here, but keep pushing towards over there, I'll change the order as soon as the enemies are out of the way - we get more points like that") people are much more likely to listen, and to give themselves and you (their squad leader) points. Microphones are a great invention

Comment

Originally posted by haslo
              When I ignore the "lol"s everywhere, I do agree with you

I also notice that accompanying your orders with some explanation (like, "I put a defend order here, but keep pushing towards over there, I'll change the order as soon as the enemies are out of the way - we get more points like that") people are much more likely to listen, and to give themselves and you (their squad leader) points. Microphones are a great invention

Comment

Originally posted by Marche
                <Insert Squadplay Server Advertisment Here>

IM pretty sure you get points for ammo, revive and heal anywhere on the map. But you only get the points for your squad attacking and defendingwhen they are pretty near the flag.
                This is not quite correct. As a SL you get points when your squaddies perform any of those actions within the order radius ONLY.

If you issue a "move to this position" command, you will get points for any action they do in the immediate vicinity. If you issue a "defend/attack this position" you will get points for defending/attacking and also any of the other actions like: repairing, healing, damage assisting, supplying, etc.

These commands can also come from the Commander. If he gives a command to defend/attack where your squad must travel to reach that area, be prepared to give orders along the way to generate points.

For example, if you are starting at your uncap and the commander issues an order 2 flags away, accept that order. It will then be reissued to your squad.

Then while traveling to your objective--if you encounter any opposition--give a new order to "move to this position" or if there is a nearby flag/silo, give an order to "defend/attack this position". Communicate with your squad not to move to that new location, just deal with the opposition. Once they are eliminated and everyone is healed and resupplied, re-issue the original order from the commander.

This way, you'll accumulate SL points along the way, while still moving towards the main objective. You can double your points by letting your squaddies do the brute force work while you manage and control the squad actions.

The SL is most effective leading from the middle of the squad. Don't be the first one in or the last one out.

"Frag out!"

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel

The SL is most effective leading from the middle of the squad. Don't be the first one in or the last one out.
                  The best advice here about this game in general. Never be the first, and never be the last.

Comment

Move orders give points?

Comment

Originally posted by BallaAce
                      I loled so hard it ain't even funny....:cry:

Comment

Originally posted by sol1d sn@ke
                        Move orders give points?
                        If and only if your squaddies kill, resupply, heal, and/or repair within that radius.

Someone check me if I'm wrong... it's happened before.

Comment

Cute

Comment

balla's got a new toy

Comment

Comment

QFT. I absolutely hate microfags.

Comment