Patch 2 feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch 2 feedback

Well, Mr. Sentience dropped in and asked for feedback in another thread before it got locked for off-topic silliness. So I'll open this one to continue the value-added piece of the thread.

Foremost, stability seems spot-on. One night I was having short connection drop-outs every 10 seconds or so, but when I tried vanilla I was also having connection glitches. Today, it's clean, so I'm chalking it up to my connection.

Clark, seems "right" now. Very good close in, but not as fast as the auto-shotty from BF2. Jury still out on it's hitbox detection- haven't used it enough to tell for sure if it's any better.

As other have mentioned, beacon surfing is no more, but I haven't checked APC launch surfing yet.

Did air-to-air rockets get a *slight* buff? I've gotten a few kills (vs enemy gunship), even early in the map when the target shouldn't be damaged yet, with 8-9 rockets in close. Could be I'm just seeing more hit now that the heat source bug is fixed.

Have never used a smoke grenade in my life. I'll try it just on principle and see if it looks useful now.

So far, so good.... (Fingers crossed)... I gotta say, as long as the wait has been, better to get it right than roll out a server stability stink-bomb like it was originally. Looks like we may finally have a winner- good show!

As for things I'd still like to see- Faster update on Otus to make it useful again, and little pulse to clarify when it's working. Now that it can be re-deployed easily after getting caught on buildings and ladders, and isn't giving team damage, I'm starting to use it again.

Accipiter still needs some love.

Transport gun bug, which I know is being worked.

What else, folks? The guy finally asked, let's be a useful community here.

Well I tried taking a picture of the smoke grenades, but the server kicked me off just as it started to activate... got this to show, I'm assuming it gets a little bigger as it had JUST put the smoke out when it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by RottnJP

As other have mentioned, beacon surfing is no more, but I haven't checked APC launch surfing yet.

Apc launch surfing is still possible and needs to be fixed before the patch is released. In my opinion launch surfing ruins the dynamics of the game way more than pod surfing ever did. Dice please fix this.

Comment

Nice work JP. Just curious. Which Titan maps will have 2 gunships?
        please please please please please one of them be suez
        Also, JP, hows the rdx shotty for destrying APMs?

Comment

Originally posted by NKDeus
          Nice work JP. Just curious. Which Titan maps will have 2 gunships?
          please please please please please one of them be suez
          Are you kidding!?!?

There's, what, two AA guns in suez?

A little redesign of that is needed before we can put more air whores in the sky.

Anyway, off the top of my head I can think of two things needing fixing still.

1. As mentioned in another thread, they should make titan pods auto-launch like NS pods.

2. .......yeah that was BS can't think of anything else. (at least anything else that isn't opinionated, like making the stabalizer auto-equipment)

Comment

I think it's 4 or 5 AA guns infact but I get your point :P I don't want to have twp gunships on Suez, in Shuhia or Sidi it's OK.

Comment

what about CTD
              is that still a prob ?

Comment

Anyone else noticed that EU air transport guns still broken?

Comment

I just think the Assault riffles are ridiculous now. In order for weapons to compete with the voss, they all pretty much got put on steroids. The Scar has almost no recoil now.

Comment

Originally posted by sol1d sn@ke
                    Are you kidding!?!?

There's, what, two AA guns in suez?

A little redesign of that is needed before we can put more air whores in the sky.
                    I think more engy's with the SAAW will take care of this just fine, really.

Originally posted by sol1d sn@ke
                    Anyway, off the top of my head I can think of two things needing fixing still.

1. As mentioned in another thread, they should make titan pods auto-launch like NS pods.
                    Full agreement there. I've never had a problem with weiners camping in the launch tubes, but I know others have, and it must be aggravating as hell to put up with. An auto-launch timer like in NS would be ideal. Enough time to plan where you want to go once you're in, and not so long as to cause the line to use it to wrap around the deck.

Comment

The changes made to correct the Talons hit detection have made it worse instead of better.

Rockets still dont track it properly, and rockets that are fired head on that do track, seem to fly inside the model the the talon without actualy hitting and damaging it.

The talon vs doragon is a completely 1 sided fight, the talon can just swing round and let all its rockets off without much care, and the doragon will get hit by at least half of them, even if the talon pilot didnt line the doragon up that well.

While on the other hand, the doragon can track and follow and talon untill both are flying in a line, and fire off its 10 missiles directly at the talon, and you will be lucky if half of them hit.

I have been hovering, and had an enemy doragon fly directly towards me and release its rockets, and i barely took damage, i then simply rotated on the spot while still hovering, so i was facing in the general direction of the enemy doragon, and spammed the fire button, and the missiles where all sucked towards it and blew it out of the sky.

Thats not how it should have happened.

The 2 talons on any titan map are just going to make short work of the 2 doragons, and then go on to rape ground targets without much problem.

Comment

My opinions on the new patch:

Radar Smokeys: My new Titan Attack item! If you have no supports carrying an IDS, this thing is a godsend! It lets out smoke in a way that if you throw it right, you can fog up an entire corridor The radar lasts for a while too.

Normal Smokeys: Still a bit meh. They are OK, would be good for titan defense.

SCAR-11: Pure Awesomeness! Can't win toe to toe vs a Voss, but then again only one weapon can (Clark) Good at medium to long range though.

Two Gunships: Fun, but it can be harder at times. I am used to taking out the enemy gunship and then picking off ground targets, but nowadays I end up being double teamed by the enemy gunships... Highway Tampa Titan is madness, with three gunships flying around!

The RDX Shotty can now detonate explosives, which I am thankful for, but I haven't really played any support (I play Support on Conquest; only titan maps have been running in the US)

Pod Surfing: I found out how to pod surf in 1.4. Its VERY difficult, and somewhat dumb, but it works. Pretty much, the pods only move east to west. Weird, but still easy to exploit.

Cowabunga Pod Surfing (also known as APC Launch Surfing): This is what I really want removed. Once this starts, all aircraft are obsolete for the rest of the round

Comment

What about the Support LMG's, have they been fixed yet?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSpaniard
                            What about the Support LMG's, have they been fixed yet?
                            I tried shuko and it had less shaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Fingulfin

SCAR-11: Pure Awesomeness! Can't win toe to toe vs a Voss, but then again only TWO weaponS can (Clark AND HERZOG) Good at medium to long range though.
                              Fixed, courtesy of someone who rips the Voss to shreds with it on a regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                              X