MD5TOOL mismatch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MD5TOOL mismatch?

Ive tried a search and didnt get anything.....

For some reason on 2 servers im getting kicked for MD5Tool Mismatch?

After a brief search it mentions it being something todo with a ***** crack, or public server crack Which im not even using for this game due to how emo punkbuster is lately with anything...

The error im getting is

MD5Tool Mismatch: BF2142.exe (len=2048)

Which occurs after ive been in the server for 20 mins or so....

I am still running the exe which I originally used the vista 3gb enabler fix for?

Im running zonealarm pro, could this been a communication error?

All I get is a 5 min kick from the server?

It isnt critical just highly annoying as one of my knife targets frequents a server that does this and I got kicked when I was just about to knife him

Do u have Daemon tools installed? I got those errors(ingame and when i booted my pc) beacuse of that.

Comment

Nope dont have that installed, It just seems odd its only been a couple of servers Ive been on out of 100s...

It isnt essential as I got who I was after but Ive put this up here just incase theres people having problems with it as punkbuster has a habit as of late of kicking for just about anything in this game, Friends of mine had the same prob with Quake4 and there was no explanation....

Comment

My friend had that. He said it mostly happened when he had a high ping. He fixed it by reinstalling

If you don't wanna reinstall, check if Zonealarm is blocking PB somehow, and turn off Game Mode, heard it causes problems

Comment

Daemon tools makes my games run better?

Comment

Originally posted by Sys.Op.
            Daemon tools makes my games run better?
            Nope i wouldn't say that. For me Daemon tools has caused these MD5tool problems so i wouldn't say it makes them run better. It just makes them run without cd...

Comment

It's the 3GB vista fix that is causing this. There is nothing you can do unless you remove the 3GB fix and play with the ORIGINAL exe file.

I will probably soon be releasing a new set of pb config files with the 3gb vista fix included.

Comment

Working...
              X