• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 Beta 2 Is OUT!

Here is the link to the news

http://www.battlefield.ea.com/battle...&storyid=15377

:yay:

I Wish they would hurry up and release it already instead of another beta... been to long now

Comment

Cool deal, good find, mate!

I am so looking forward to Kit saves...

I thought this was part was interesting... listed among the fixes was this:

"Further fix to prevent "pod surfing". Note that some pod movement will still be possible and is an intended gameplay mechanic to allow the player to have some small choice of landing site and to access rooftops"

Maybe this will spell the end of the rooftop camping debates!

(Kidding! Totally kidding... You know those will never end...)

:nod:

Comment

- Smoke from the CM3-N Radar Grenade deploys more quickly. The Radar range has been slightly increased and endures for the duration of the smoke effect.
        - The CM3-N Radar Grenade may now be resupplied.
        - The screening effectiveness of all smoke grenades has been significantly improved.
        - Adjusted Talon heat source position to improve Gunship missile balance.

Now those are serious adjustments

I mean, making smoke nades useful and Talon "less powerful"

Comment

Originally posted by Biotech2142
          - Smoke from the CM3-N Radar Grenade deploys more quickly. The Radar range has been slightly increased and endures for the duration of the smoke effect.
          - The CM3-N Radar Grenade may now be resupplied.
          - The screening effectiveness of all smoke grenades has been significantly improved.
          - Adjusted Talon heat source position to improve Gunship missile balance.

Now those are serious adjustments

I mean, making smoke nades useful and Talon "less powerful"
          I'm detecting a wee note of sarcasm....

Seriously though, I am looking forward to seeing what the "new" smoke grenades are like. Some other games (Call of duty 1 comes to mind) have had really well done smoke grenades. And I've found them super useful in a lot of situations.

One situation that an effective smoke screen would come in handy would be attaking the Titan core... Not the side corridors though, I think. That is and always will be the domain of the nade spammer...

But being able to lay down a thick smoke screen before an assault on a heavily defended position would be nice...

Comment

- Titans will now spawn up to two gunships per side
            - Squad Leaders no longer have to resupply to re-equip destroyed drones
            Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
              Quote:
              - Titans will now spawn up to two gunships per side
              Holy hotcakes, Batman! I totally missed the part about the gunships...

At least there will now be more people playing at a time now instead of the conga line of 10 people all waiting for the gunship to spawn that you sometimes see...

I wonder if this will be a server setting (i.e. the admin can decide only one gunship at a time per side) or hard coded?

I can just hear the wail of protest from some of the more, *ahem* zealous gunship whoring clans out there if it turns out that they can't turn off the second gunship spawning in their clan servers...

Comment

ANybody been able to download new patch?

120 folks seem to be downloading this patch at once, damn!

Comment

zomg no more resupply for squad leaders drones and oh yea smoke nades i think they shud use mine like they are like huge and if its in a dark map you will see a black smoke

Comment

I'm gonna give this one a try, i didn't play the first beta

Comment

I have not seen any change for the little problem:
                      "You have lost connection with the server"

Hope they have correct it... I'm not able to finish 2/3 of the rounds with it. And I like the adjustments of patch 1.4.

Comment

Looks like some good changes/fixes.

Little sad about the lack of love for the Accipiter, though. I completely understand it must be a horror to balance well, but it needs something to make it worth taking for it's own sake. Right now I'll only use it on small maps and have my guys slap scanners onto it, and even at that, 9 times out of 10 I still forget to do it because I'm so used to not bothering with it.

Comment

If dice would setup the accipiter like it was setup on the conflict 2142 mod, it would be a real weapon to fear

Comment

Yay, just yay!!! :yay:

Nice changes on the way.

Comment

tankers are going to get pissed on titan lol

Comment

Working...
                              X