No announcement yet.

Fighting Commanders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought to be commander you had to enter the UAV trailer in BF2. It actually sounds like a good idea. I mean, wouldn't all the command screens be in a commander hideout and not follow the commander wherever he goes?

Comment

As long as he does his commanding work
      1. Drops
      2. Arty
      3. Communication

Moderately well, then I don't mind.

Hell, I have seen a few commanders as gunship pilots who are really good at what they are meant to do.

Comment

The commander should definitely fight if he feels able to!

Some guy standing around spamming "enemy infantry" is less effective than a commander out on the field killing the people he Sat-Tracks.

Commanders can still order things with the T button while active, anyway.

IMO, Assault class people probably shouldn't be a commander as their job is too busy with heals and revives, but Recon or Support, who can hide away for a second to scan, should be out there and fighting if they're a commander.

Comment

Actually, an added benefit of commanding as recon- When you see a couple guys sneaking towards a back flag you can plop a couple claymores in their path, and c-4 the flag. Can make for a very nice defensive commander kit.

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09
            As long as he does his commanding work
            1. Drops
            2. Arty
            3. Communication

Moderately well, then I don't mind.

Hell, I have seen a few commanders as gunship pilots who are really good at what they are meant to do.
            YES!!!
            there is a guy AIMPaulMIA #1 commander in Aus and he does that brilliantly on minsk CQ

Comment

Timeless have a no fighting commander rule. I think this has been said so many times before in other threads anyway.

All of the above reasons not to be a commander fighting are pertanent. The ones to be a commander fighting don't take into consideration that someone who doesn't fight as the commander might have the job and be better at it because he doesn't fight.

Fighting commanders don't spot the enemy as often as those that run that scan button every 50 secs (or whatever it is).

At the end of the day we relie on the commander to help us out there. Our kill death ratios would be much improved if the commander spotted the enemy walking up to us with a HUGE knife out as we try to cap a silo. Instead the dork is sitting in a titan gun facing the wrong way trying to shoot a gunship out the sky as it screams past.

Defending the titan? OK to a certain extent, especially as a resupply or as recon laying claymores etc then staying out the firefight to carry on supporting the ground team capturing silos.
              When those shields go down its almost as though commanders give up and forget the game is going to be won by the silo capture teams. It them that need support. Not the corridor campers spamming greandes or sitting with 5 rdx spread about the end of the corridor and 2 apms (times the 5 defenders in the corridor)

Comment

Working...
              X