Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Sentry guns, Apm's, and Motion mines be spottable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Sentry guns, Apm's, and Motion mines be spottable?

Exactly as it says, in the "Commander sayings" thread in the discussion section, Spot commands were found to be in the strings file for these three items.

Appearently they were taken out before launch, but the strings were left there.

I pretty much just want all of your opinions on this. I won't tell you what my vote is yet, so as not to produce bias.

I would also appreciate an explanation of your opinion after your vote.

Edit: In case you think two out of the three should be spottable, I made the thread multiple choice.

Don't check each of the three (options 2, 3, and 4) if you want all of them spottable, just check option 1.

yes i think they shud be spottable a few weeks ago i saved my whole team by screaming mines in voip and chat

the whole convoy stopped and guess who had to defuse them :P

Comment

I think they should all be spotabble, and it sucks that they can't be, cause I hate when I crouch and corss an APM and get killed cause somebody else didnt see it

Comment

I see, thanks for both of your opinions.

You don't think it will add to radio spam? (Not saying I do/don't want it, just trying to see both sides of this)

Also, what else would you think should be spottable? Beacons? Recon Ghost? Should there be a special annoucement for enemies in turrets? (Wish I could have more polls.....)

Comment

They should be spottable but they should not be taken into the radio messages in my opinion. It would be a helluva lot of "Enemy APM mine!" etc etc...

Although it could make the minimap extremely messy

Comment

Originally posted by -(UtC)- Iquere « View Post
            Although it could make the minimap extremely messy
            If it were implemented, I'm sure the icons could be made very small, though you'd probably need something like an oval to represent sentry guns (otherwise it might just look like a blob).

Or it could be made so that it's not on the minimap, only on the 3-D hud (like friendly traps/beacons are).

Comment

Originally posted by sol1d sn@ke
              Or it could be made so that it's not on the minimap, only on the 3-D hud (like friendly traps/beacons are).
              Yea that's a nice idea. Didn't think of it. Although then the 3D map could be messy, especially inside the titan

Comment

then i got an sollution i think once youve spotted an enemy drone for example you will get the same icon on your minimap like the friendly one but it will be red and have this then next to it !

Comment

It might be a little wierd to have little red boxes appearing and disappearing on you're hud all the time though.

I think it could be made like the med hub in that you only get the radio message if you're in talking distance of the person spotting it, then you get the radio message and wording, but if you're far away, you don't hear anything.

Comment

good idea. although there needs to be some symbol on 3d map imo.

Comment

I said none, but I could go for motion mines.

APMs have been nerfed so badly that I can go whole rounds of Gibralter or Belgrade and not die to a single one. Check out my sig, its from a thread where they wanted APMs nerfed. Says everything.

Sentry Guns got a huge nerf. Before they were pretty useful, now they are, at best, a distraction. I almost never use them anymore (though I have become a more defensive player, go figure). Plus, you can hear them firing.

Motion mines I say yes to, because the are small, can kill entire vehicles, and really not being able to say "Mines detected" is pretty lame.

Comment

Hm.....I just thought of something.

If you were to spot a sentry gun, how about if it were a red cone on the map, like how friendly sentries have a blue cone?

Good points raidyr, I too hardly die from apms nowadays, however I still find sentry guns a nuisence. It's my personal opinion that Sentry guns shouldn't have been nerfed in firing time, they should just have gotten bigger hit boxes. I swear my shots go through the sentry sometimes.

But wouldn't you want to spot them for the poor souls who haven't gotten that new NS unlock?

And also, wouldn't you want to be able to spot apm's so people following you don't blow themselves/you up? Especially in the titan. (If they are in your squad, you can VoIP them, but what about others?)

Comment

Originally posted by sol1d sn@ke
                          Hm.....I just thought of something.

If you were to spot a sentry gun, how about if it were a red cone on the map, like how friendly sentries have a blue cone?

Good points raidyr, I too hardly die from apms nowadays, however I still find sentry guns a nuisence. It's my personal opinion that Sentry guns shouldn't have been nerfed in firing time, they should just have gotten bigger hit boxes. I swear my shots go through the sentry sometimes.

But wouldn't you want to spot them for the poor souls who haven't gotten that new NS unlock?

And also, wouldn't you want to be able to spot apm's so people following you don't blow themselves/you up? Especially in the titan. (If they are in your squad, you can VoIP them, but what about others?)

Anyay I agree with you there, I've gone many rounds with no APM deaths, same with senty, but anoher thing, I do like you hate when I see an APM, crouch and start walking past it, and a guy runs by me and blows us up!

Comment

They shouldn't be spottable.
                            it would make the game less fun

Comment

How so?

Too much clutter?

Comment

Working...
                              X