How come less players are using these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09 View Post
    Wow, I thought I was the only one, guess not. I hate it when they just run around you and hold the fire button down.
    Takes spray and pray to the "extreme level" :shakehead:

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle
      Less players are using these because now Ganz can kill someone 3 meters away in 2 seconds while moving.
      lol yeah right. the deviation penalty is intense while moving. you might as well aim at the ground for your own butthole if your firing and moving at the same time with the ganz.

you could kill someone faster with a pistol then running with a ganz.

the minimum deviation while moving is 1.35. thats huge.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberzomby
        And you think thats the way it should be????

This is the exact reason I say: THANKS FOR FIXING THE LMG'S DICE!

The fact that people could snipe with MACHINE GUNS was crazy. I think its crazy people dont see that it shouldnt be like that
        Interestingly enough, I remeber a wiki article on sniper rifles talking about this very subject. Somebody removed that section of it stating that it should be added to the sniper article instead but looking through the history the guy was too lazy to add it in the sniper article and just deleted it instead. :shakehead: I don't know how to edit wiki so I don't know to restore it.

Anyway here's the history link, scroll down to Range vs Accuracy

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle
          Less players are using these because now Ganz can kill someone 3 meters away in 2 seconds while moving.
          There are two things to be said here:

1) At three meters, it would be hard to miss in spite of deviation, so long as your reticule is over your target. If it were 15 meters, he'd be hard pressed to damage you at all while moving.
          2) Two seconds is a fair amount of time. If it were a Voss or SMG, it's be half of a second.

I don't know why so many people seem to hate the LMGs. I use them plenty when I think the rate of fire will be worth the relative inaccuracy at range (and it's not like it's impossible to kill at range). And with all the run-and-gun assault junkies, the rate of fire definitely comes in handy.

Comment

I tried to whore the Ganz today, with almost no success. I've had people drop to a knee and start firing at me with it and kill me. So I try the same thing, only I was the one who died. I lost to a Vosser, which I can expect, but then I came up against someone else who had the Ganz in almost the same situation while I had the Voss and I lost again!

One of those days where BF hates me, I guess. :cry:

~Wolfgang

Comment

I used to love the Bianchi, it was my favorite support weapon. Then came 1.25 patch and DICE ruined it for no reason and without warning to the player community.

What they did to screw the LMGs was doubling the up/down and left/right recoil. The up/down recoil is bad but not as bad as the left/right increase. The effect this causes in the game is that as you fire, the LMG shakes so bad that it throws your aim off immediatly, making it hard to hold the sights on the target.

For the 1.40 Beta patch they decreased the left/right recoil back to normal, but the up/down recoil is still double what it used to be. DICE needs to return the LMGs back to pre 1.25 recoil. I think they nerfed the LMGs not because you could "snipe" with them (you never really could unless you were already prone), but because no one was using the Gantz or the Clark very much at the time and they probably wanted to promote the use of those unlocks.

Ultimately if enough people complain about the increased recoil, they will put it back to the way it was before 1.25.

Comment

Originally posted by FeldwebelHans
                I think they nerfed the LMGs not because you could "snipe" with them (you never really could unless you were already prone), but because no one was using the Gantz or the Clark very much at the time and they probably wanted to promote the use of those unlocks.
                Agreed. :nod:

Comment

Originally posted by tonks950
                  Interestingly enough, I remeber a wiki article on sniper rifles talking about this very subject. Somebody removed that section of it stating that it should be added to the sniper article instead but looking through the history the guy was too lazy to add it in the sniper article and just deleted it instead. :shakehead: I don't know how to edit wiki so I don't know to restore it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=153342361

Hey thanks for that.Didnt knew that. It sounds so unlogical. Like that enemy sniper wont headshot the machinegunner when he sees al those traser rounds coming at him :P But thanks for posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by tonks950

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...ldid=153342361
                    The article there is brilliant.

The machine gun is infact very useful at much longer ranges. And at that range, the machine gun proves to be a much more supressive weapon that it is initially thought to be. And as the article says, a sniper that might miss, will be in deep trouble. A machine gunner can easily force the enemy unit (even a sniper) to move back and hold off.

Something this game was trying to implement, but failed. The LMB prepatach was too good, and now.. a bit on bad side.

The LMG should have no shake, but a larger "target circle".

Comment

I went back to the LMG's alittle while ago, mainly on Titan or roof-top camping. Still preferred them early on rather than the way they are now.

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09 View Post
                        The article there is brilliant.

The machine gun is infact very useful at much longer ranges. And at that range, the machine gun proves to be a much more supressive weapon that it is initially thought to be. And as the article says, a sniper that might miss, will be in deep trouble. A machine gunner can easily force the enemy unit (even a sniper) to move back and hold off.

Something this game was trying to implement, but failed. The LMB prepatach was too good, and now.. a bit on bad side.

The LMG should have no shake, but a larger "target circle".

I actually like how they made the LMG's so far in 1.40, they are more accurate then before, and do they're job nicely, but are not fool-proof like pre 1.25.

Though TBH it sickens me that pre 1.25, so many clamored for an LMG nerf, then they give it to us and we clamor to bring it back. :shakehead:

As it is in 1.25, I'll still use the shuko over the ganz, but the bianchi is just inferior to both.

Comment

The LMG's used to be the voss, everyone and their mother used them, running around, kneeing, spraying..

Knee... supress... snipe, all within half a second, the voss had nothing on the anti sniper-sniper railgun. So they nerfed it thankfully. At least people with more powerful rifles can hope to exploit their niche now, instead of being outclassed by people who dont really have to aim and can do as much up close as far away.

I still use the Ganz, its quite a fine rifle to hose twitchy assault/clark monkeys down with as they spaz around the battlefield, also quite good at long range killing and supression. It's not an assault rifle, but someone who finished grade school should be able to read the name of the class the gun comes with.

Comment

Working...
                          X