Being an engineer must suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
    Look at all the stuff they have to carry! This is probably the most you can stuff onto an engineer.

-Heavy body armor
    -SMG with 4 extra mags
    -Rocket launcher with 5 extra rocket magazines
    -5 motion mines
    -5 EMP mines
    -3 frag grenades
    -Knife

:dead:
    You forgot the repair tool, and possibly a SLSB or drone

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle
      What about support? Sentry gun - 10 pounds
      Ammo box - 10 pounds
      Pds1 - ???
      Ganz - 25 pounds
      Grenades - 3 pounds
      Heavy armor - 10 pounds?
      knife - ???
      mmm

Ammo box - 32million pixels
      pds - 15million pixels
      Ganz- 45million pixels
      Grenades - 8million pixels
      Heavy armour - 60million pixels
      knife - 20million pixels

but be hard carrying all those pixels about lol

(dont quote me on the actuall amount of pixels per item i was just guessing lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Fish
        (dont quote me on the actuall amount of pixels per item i was just guessing lol)
        I was just about to ask you what resolution you are running, because at 1600x1200 I would only be able to see a corner of the ammo box

Comment

Engy and Support have to carry a ridiculous amount of stuff.

And lol at Pilum Joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Micster
            And lol at Pilum Joke.
            Actually, if I'd really been on my game I would have made a comment like, "...But be careful with my Pilum- You won't get any warning before it nails you from behind..."
            :nod:
            :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by RottnJP
              Actually, if I'd really been on my game I would have made a comment like, "...But be careful with my Pilum- You won't get any warning before it nails you from behind..."
              Ah well, won't be hard to nail anyone, the rear penetration is quite easy.

Comment

lmfao :laugh:

Comment

Originally posted by <TlXl> vika09
                  Ah well, won't be hard to nail anyone, the rear penetration is quite easy.
                  :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Might need some lubrication before using your Pilum...

Comment

You won't need lubrication. The vent is pretty big. Just sneak up from behind and ram it in there.

But really, can we get an Army Vet's opinion on carrying equipment around?

Comment

As a light-infantryman I carried everything but my "B-Bag" which was palletized and then dispersed downrange. That stuff was extra uniforms and non-essential equipment.

Combat loadout started at 75lbs up through 90-100lbs. Then, ammo and explosives added another 5-60lbs. Really.

Heavy items are dispersed and rotated so you might find yourself carrying a mortar round which could be 25lbs or extra ammo for the MG...

But, the Engineer's loadout is insane in BF2142. There's no way we could actually carry all that stuff. Five Motion Mines filled with High Explosive (HE) would probably run close to 10lbs each.

Comment

Working...
                      X