Being an engineer must suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being an engineer must suck

Look at all the stuff they have to carry! This is probably the most you can stuff onto an engineer.

-Heavy body armor
    -SMG with 4 extra mags
    -Rocket launcher with 5 extra rocket magazines
    -5 motion mines
    -5 EMP mines
    -3 frag grenades
    -Knife

:dead:

Yea man, it does.

Fortunatly we have vehicles to put most our stuff in and the huge alarms and explosions and mass confusion kinda makes it worth it

Another downside is when you get ran over by your own teammate when youre trying to repair or you get jacked by the enemy. I now put a "special" alarm system on my vehicles.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Its the future. Either you pull it out of a parallel dimension or you pull it out of your (CENSORED). Come on man your a marine, suck it up!

Comment

Originally posted by RangerXML
        Its the future. Either you pull it out of a parallel dimension or you pull it out of your (CENSORED). Come on man your a marine, suck it up!
        Your answer lies somewhere in that post.

Comment

I think Ranger was saying that you should be tough enough to carry all that stuff. Stop your whinning, repair his FAV, and lets go take down that walker!

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

What about support? Sentry gun - 10 pounds
            Ammo box - 10 pounds
            Pds1 - ???
            Ganz - 25 pounds
            Grenades - 3 pounds
            Heavy armor - 10 pounds?
            knife - ???

Comment

On the up side, engineers get all the chicks... "Hey baby, wanna check out my... Pilum?"

Comment

Originally posted by RottnJP
                On the up side, engineers get all the chicks... "Hey baby, wanna check out my... Pilum?"
                :rofl: Good one man.

Hey, we have the best job in 2142....keeping all you tank/walker/APC/gunship whores from taking over the map entirely.

Now, if we figure out a way to transport the Jackhammer from BF2 into 2142.....mwahahaha :nerr: :evil:

Comment

I rather the DAO12. Man.. I miss that gun

maybe all the stuff you carry is all made out of all that light weight composite crap that you expect to see in the future

but I've always thought that the ammo for the pilum should be a big sabot round or something, not some odd box that goes into your hugearse, antitank rifle.

Comment

The DAO12 seemed a bit more powerful than the Jackhammer, but it took a day and a half to reload.

Comment

LOL @ RottnJP

Comment

i thought it was the jackhammer that was troublesome to reload since the whole ammo drum needs to be changed. At least the DAO12 allows you to fire a few shots, then reload said shots as required. Even if you discharged the whole drum, you can reload and then switch weapon to cancel its reload animation to have a partially reloaded weapon

Comment

OK, yeah you're right that way. You could reload the whole Jackhammer way quicker than the whole DAO12, but I forgot you could reload individual shells in the DAO12.
                          I tended to shoot off whole magazines in BF2, so the Jackhammer worked better for me. But for someone who regularly reloads, the DAO12 is much more efficient.

I guess what I was saying is that instead of the SMG, we had either of those two shotguns, the engineer in 2142 would be horribly deadly.

Comment

yeah. Almost unfairly overpowered. But I still think the vossers cause more annoyance than a shotgun totling engineer would if they came into existence in 2142. Well boo for dice for designing the engineer kit so they have to be stuck as pure anti vehicle support. I miss the badass that bf2 anti tanks used to be. Recoiless antitank weapon that is accurate enough to blast infantry away. Auto shotgun/P90 for upclose and personal, and finally a pistol that is accurate to snipe with.

Comment

support and engineer would be heavyst

Comment

Working...
                              X