No announcement yet.

A very safe commander

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a warn and kick for fighting commanders from me.

Unless his side is winning outrageously theres no reason for a commander to fight. Other players need his spotting of the enemy to stay alive and do their job.
    IMHO the most important asset the commander has is the SCAN button! So few commanders use it now. They seem to think we can do with the odd UAV.

Comment

Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by [Insertnamehere]
        It doesn't even work anyway. Any kills (or any points you could get while not a commander) you get while commander do not count for your score.
        I never really knew if kills counted towards your commander score, well now i know. I've seen fighting commanders go all round fighting and in the end their commander score is about 30. Other commanders get scores of about 60 0r 70 without ever joining the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Catziggy
          IMHO the most important asset the commander has is the SCAN button! So few commanders use it now. They seem to think we can do with the odd UAV.
          That's funny to hear. I haven't commanded much, and haven't done so in a long time, but the scan was always my favorite button. It's nice to see a quick snapshot of the entire battlefield, and then make decisions based on that info.

Comment

Originally posted by Quemical
            I never really knew if kills counted towards your commander score, well now i know. I've seen fighting commanders go all round fighting and in the end their commander score is about 30. Other commanders get scores of about 60 0r 70 without ever joining the fight.
            A commander would get points by ordering his men to attack/defend rather than attempting to do so himself. More points available ordering repairs to assets, railguns, sentry guns, etc. He is supposed to be the highest executive: he who executes the battle plan. He should lead the SLs, not the other way around. Well, this is one way of looking at it.

Most public servers and a lot of clan servers do not have commanders who do their job to their fullest abilities. You can find this in organized, tournament-style warfare like A Soldiers War and Conflict2142. There's no points involved. But honor is.

:salute:

Comment

If you play Commander, the way it was intended, you will not get bored, and you will not have time to run and gun.

Larry

Comment

it can't be helped sometimes. You are camping at the main and you spot a speeding red dot of some FAV filled with enemies closing in on your position. Even if you give an order to defend the main, the squad will either be too happy to remain dug in, or are too far away to get there in time. However, commander should avoid prolonged gunfights if he can help it

They made the hud interface alittle more combat commader-friendly in that you can hold T, use the mouse wheel to select squads and give them orders without needing to bring up the command map. Plus the alternate method of deploying supplies/orbital/uav/emp (hold T and select) is best used when the commander has line of sight. That leaves only the area scan for a quick look on the battlefield.

And I haven't even mentioned what happens when enemies start flying across the map in pods. Good luck persuading one of your squads to be your bodyguards/vanguards.

As for that picture, that commander either sucks or don't know where else to drop supplies

Comment

Working...
                X