2142's longevity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The 13th Raptor
    As far as i know the only times you deal with a cone of fire is when you are using any weapon unscoped, and the light machine guns. Otherwise.. whenevery you are zoomed in it hits where you point it, but instead of a cone of fire you have a sway to deal with. Pretty realistic for such an arcade game.
    True, true, but I find the shooting part of 2142 much more easier then 2. Can't say why, but I mastered 2142 shooting a lot more quicker then I did in BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by sonicpixel
      Exactly. I went for a little BF2 fun the other day and when the enemy saw me, he dove to the ground, rolled over (and while upside down shot me) and killed me with one bullet. I immediately quit, took out the CD and fired up BF2142.

I had forgotten about this fun little gimic in this supposedly "more accurate" game... whatever.
      I'll second/third/etc. this... it's the main reason I don't play BF2 nearly as much anymore. Well, this and jets. I really like the present-day setting of BF2 but BF2142 has, in my view, far superior base gameplay as far as being more squad-oriented, having overall better balance, and eliminating some of the cheap tactics from BF2 (like the one described above). Granted, I haven't played 2142 in a week and a half either, but I hope it's around for a while and that more ranked content is released soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid144
        I'll second/third/etc. this... it's the main reason I don't play BF2 nearly as much anymore. Well, this and jets. I really like the present-day setting of BF2 but BF2142 has, in my view, far superior base gameplay as far as being more squad-oriented, having overall better balance, and eliminating some of the cheap tactics from BF2 (like the one described above). Granted, I haven't played 2142 in a week and a half either, but I hope it's around for a while and that more ranked content is released soon.
        Well, all of the above described tactics aren't exactly noob friendly you know. Although they are cheap and annoying, noobs canot use said tactics efficiently. 2142 on the other hand gives every noob a fair chance (points at Krylov and Voss and Titan guns and Titan defending).

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude
          True, true, but I find the shooting part of 2142 much more easier then 2. Can't say why, but I mastered 2142 shooting a lot more quicker then I did in BF2.
          It is easier, because you can count on your bullets landing on a dot, whereas bf2 has them land all over the place.

Comment

It is easier, because you can count on your bullets landing on a dot, whereas bf2 has them land all over the place.
            Not only that, but it seems that a lot of the bf guns have much easier to handle accuracy and recoil. Look at the Krylov for example: if your use that gun in 3-4 shot bursts you always get a kill... Whereas in BF2 you REALLY have to correct for the recoil with some of the guns, and I can't think of a lot of 2142 guns that require the same effort (Baur perhaps, and maybe the Scar, but that's all).

And 2142's SMGs are PATHETIC! What's the point of a high RoF when you need a mere 40 bullets at 25m range? I'd rather have my trusty P90 with me or even me Dao-12.

Comment

That´s why bf2 was infuriating, why call 2142 a noob game when what you shoot is what you hit.
              I thing bf2 is harder for the noobs for the wrong reason, the deviation and some calculations that are made when you shoot are screwed by some tricks , When I played a lot bf2 I noticed that if i droped down and rolled my accuracy was much better, and why? people know this and thats why they make that manouver...but theres isn´t any reason for this to happen unless there are something screwed in the code.
              I managed to get a lot of headshots with that manouver and sometimes I didn´t even was pointing to the head...it´s the insta prone headshot bug as I call it.

Comment

Originally posted by DutchDude
                And 2142's SMGs are PATHETIC! What's the point of a high RoF when you need a mere 40 bullets at 25m range? I'd rather have my trusty P90 with me or even me Dao-12.
                the engy sub machine gun is amazing! killing people at 25m with an smg is not impossible just not easy as say using the voss or something similiar. The true power of the smg is 25m or less. If you can learn to engage at close range then theres not much that can beat it. A few times I have killed 5 people in a row with a single clip from the engy SMG.

Comment

Originally posted by TrenchDigger
                  the engy sub machine gun is amazing! killing people at 25m with an smg is not impossible just not easy as say using the voss or something similiar. The true power of the smg is 25m or less. If you can learn to engage at close range then theres not much that can beat it. A few times I have killed 5 people in a row with a single clip from the engy SMG.

The Turcotte and Malkov are pieces of junk when compared to the MEC smg (forgot the name) and the ALMIGHTY P90. Ya can't beat a fully automatic pistol with a sick rate of fire. As for long range.. SRAW/Eryx.

Comment

YYYYYYEEEESSSSS PP-19 FTW!!!!

It's the best stock weapon when compared to the unlocks imo! Who needs P90 when you've got the PP-19?

Though the Type 85 and MP5 are completely different stories...

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts
                      YYYYYYEEEESSSSS PP-19 FTW!!!!

It's the best stock weapon when compared to the unlocks imo! Who needs P90 when you've got the PP-19?

Though the Type 85 and MP5 are completely different stories...
                      MP5 is fun. It sucks though, but it is fun as your one of the 2 people who use it :P

Comment

Taken from a Halo 2 Vista thread on the Bungie forums:
                        Posted by: Terin
                        I chuckle a little on how it says "JOIN MILLONS IN ONLINE PLAY!" when right below it, it says "Total Servers: 52". And even more when I see that only 7 have people in them.
                        Lol, Windows Live FAILZ

Comment

Working...
                        X