What's the rush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the rush?

OK, so I’m sitting in an APC, there are four of us in it and we are approaching silo 5 on Suez going under the bridge. There are several enemy soldiers hanging around the silo, these are quickly gunned down and the APC races in to cap the silo. Quicker than I can say, “enemy motion mines”, the driver of the APC plows into several of the numerous mines surrounding the silo and all aboard or just exiting are killed.

So I pose the question, what is the rush? Why do so many players rush an assault on a flag or silo? So often I simply scatter a few motion mines around a silo, not even hiding them only to have them take out an enemy FAV which has rushed flat out into the silo and straight into my mines.

The most successful assaults that I have been part of have involved some planning and set up before the assault. Capping the same silo on Suez with a different squad the day before, we took position overlooking the silo and surveyed the situation. Us engineers engaged the APC and Tank covering the silo whilst the rest of the squad threw grenades down onto the silo. With the enemy vehicles destroyed the whole squad now moved in on the silo.

With a missile launched only every 2 minutes, you can spend a minute getting set up and another 30 seconds assaulting and still have only let one missile get launched. So why rush it?

On a more infantry intensive map like Camp Gibraltar, I watch fellow squad mates cap a flag like ruins and then rush headlong in a sprint straight out the tunnels and into the open to be shot down by enemy infantry positioned above them. I know there is ticket bleed and so capping the next flag quickly is important, but getting killed, waiting 15 seconds to spawn and then running back to where you died takes more time than simply setting up before you move.

On those occasions I have been with successful squads on Gibraltar, they have capped the flag, and then paused whilst half the squad gained height to cover the movement of the rest of the squad on the ground. From this elevated position they engage enemy defenders on surrounding buildings whilst the rest of the squad dash across the open space and take cover in the next building. Should any get shot down, the overwatch team can take out the enemy and then drop down, revive and follow up the ground team who have now secured the building. Whereupon the process starts over again.

A little bit of time to prepare an assault or move across open ground can make a huge difference to the success of an action. So next time you feel like rushing in as fast as your FAV or sprintcor enhanced legs will carry you, ask yourself; “What’s the rush?” Take some time to smell the smoke and cordite and perhaps assess the situation before you run in and head butt the next bullet.

Anyway, a long post hopefully worth the read.

Cheers
    Tye

player name: bigtye
    Australia

true dat!

Comment

first one to silo gets the points, plain and simple.

Comment

people have no patience, ive always tried to take it slow/ish, and when i dont, i just like to rush in there and cause chaos. but i will avoid mines, and im always on the watch for'em, whether they are MMs EMPMs or APMs

Comment

the more time that you have a silo opposed to the enemy, the better chances of getting those shields down and keeping yours up. in short, silos and titan defence is the key to titan game mode.

Comment

well the quicker you cap the silo the better.

Comment

I think this quote sums it up

Originally posted by Bommando View Post
              People are just ADD hyper and can't handle the odd lull in the action

Comment

Punch out of the APC if you're able, in a situation like that. One can't quite count on a pod-kill, but you can get the drop on an enemy, especially at that silo, because you can pod up onto the bridge, or the base of the tower there, or behind the building and cover, etc.

Also, geez, APCs full of people can easily clean out a silo-- the grenade launcher in the #2 slot of the APC must be the most effective silo-cleaner in the game. Fantastic splash radius and damage, the grenades spread themselves out automatically, and they definitely take care of hidden and covered infantry. Even by yourself, you should drive in the APC as far as you can, consider taking out the FAV, but don't get crazy about it, switch to position 2 and start nailing the enemy around the silo. Even if you're suddenly taking hits from a Pilum, let use another round while the engy reloads, and then stop out or better punch out, and keep the bastards guessing.

Even with motion mines around, they'll forget you're there once the engine is off, and then where are you? Inside armor, with a killer grenade launcher, and the ability to get 50 feet away with only a quarter-second's warning. Get out of the APC and duke it out with the engineer in person. Maybe his SMG skills are up to it-- maybe not!

Yeah, I know that drivers of all vehicles get into a rush, but seriously people, the APC is not a suicide vehicle -- it's a safe platform for fast attack and escape.

Comment

Working...
                X