Quick Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question!

If I uninstall BF2142 will it erase my all my stats and soldiers?

No, they are attached to your EA Account I think.

Comment

No, since the stats aren't located in your computer.

When you re-install the game, log in again and they are all there. I have re-installed three times in last two days and i still got my stats.

Micster you were faster than me..

Comment

No, they are kept on servers belonging to EA

Comment

When you uninstall at the end of it all, it will ask you if you want to delete your profiles and server settings, if you click yes to all of them then i think you lose your profiles yes, but i accidentally clicked to delete my profiles once then when i reinstalled they were all still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Micster View Post
            No, they are attached to your EA Account I think.
            yea it your ea account . when u uninstall there is an option to save soldier and screenshots too.

Comment

Ur account isnt in ur computer (screens only), The account is on the net, World Wide, if someone got ur acc and password, he can log on ur soldier anywhere, even if he would be on Mars (with an internet connection )

Comment

Originally posted by HEFO
                Ur account isnt in ur computer (screens only), The account is on the net, World Wide, if someone got ur acc and password, he can log on ur soldier anywhere, even if he would be on Mars (with an internet connection )
                I'd always thought that your soldier name is tied to your CD-key and that you can't login using that soldier name without having your CD

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                    When you uninstall at the end of it all, it will ask you if you want to delete your profiles and server settings, if you click yes to all of them then i think you lose your profiles yes, but i accidentally clicked to delete my profiles once then when i reinstalled they were all still there.
                    Your profiles contains the settings for each soldiers, e.g. video settings and keymappings. And they will be lost if you make a complete uninstall.
                    But the soldiers themselves will still be there next time you install and log in to your account.

Originally posted by DeathEngineer View Post
                    I'd always thought that your soldier name is tied to your CD-key and that you can't login using that soldier name without having your CD
                    The CD-key really has nothing to do with the CD
                    It would be rather expensive to make the CD´s individually distinctive, so instead they print a key on the back of the manual.

Comment

as pretty much every gamer does, i reformat my hard drive every 6 months to keep things running at top speed. my stats/profile is always back when i return, as its tied to your account.

you're safe.

Comment

Cheers fr clearing that up Vreki

Comment

Working...
                        X