Transferring to Mac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferring to Mac

I've pretty much not touched BF2142 for the past month, partially because I've been busy but mainly because I lost my laptop. If I buy a replacement, I am considering a MacBook Pro. I'm curious if there is any way to get a discount on the Mac version since I already own the PC version. Anybody here have experience with these kinds of situations before?

probably not (discount), not to mention your stats are related to your GUID, which will be different if you by the new version...

other than that have fun with the Mac, they rock!

Comment

WOW Your dumb!

"not to mention your stats are related to your GUID, which will be different if you by the new version..."

All I must say is that you are a dumb person if you think if you buy a new version that he will lose his stats...... Wow no matter what or whose game of 2142 you play if you log in with your account it will all be there.
      AND YOU CALL YOUSELF A BRIGADER GENERAL WOW HOW DID YOU EVER MAKE IT THAT FAR. DUMB ***

Comment

Not stats, unlocks

Comment

Originally posted by Ssorg87 View Post
          "not to mention your stats are related to your GUID, which will be different if you by the new version..."

All I must say is that you are a dumb person if you think if you buy a new version that he will lose his stats...... Wow no matter what or whose game of 2142 you play if you log in with your account it will all be there.
          AND YOU CALL YOUSELF A BRIGADER GENERAL WOW HOW DID YOU EVER MAKE IT THAT FAR. DUMB ***
          yeah ok so he made a mistake can we cut out the abuse please;can't you correct someone without beating down on them?:shakehead:Im not sure if the mac version of the game will be running alongside PC based servers so maybe this point needs clarification

Comment

pardon me, professor ***hole

I was under the impression that GUID is tied to the CD, guess I was wrong, sorry for disturbing you....

@ICE thanx for the backup

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiblian View Post
              I've pretty much not touched BF2142 for the past month, partially because I've been busy but mainly because I lost my laptop. If I buy a replacement, I am considering a MacBook Pro. I'm curious if there is any way to get a discount on the Mac version since I already own the PC version. Anybody here have experience with these kinds of situations before?
              Be careful with the power cord; its a little touchy. Already had to replace mine.

Comment

In theory the game should be sending the same packets to the server so it shouldn't matter if your running MAC or PC.

Lots of fresh, raw - mac gaming newbies to fire my ESPs at :nod:

Comment

wow... what a first post.

i hope we DON'T have more of these to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by dOwnsizer View Post
                    pardon me, professor ***hole

I was under the impression that GUID is tied to the CD, guess I was wrong, sorry for disturbing you....

@ICE thanx for the backup

actually your 100% correct. the guid is tied to the cd key.

but the cd key or guid is not tied to your soldiers or login account. you can login with a different cd key with your login and still retain all your soldiers. just your cd key would change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardo
                      wow... what a first post.

i hope we DON'T have more of these to look forward to.
                      exactly

Comment

Sigh. My BF2142 cd was in my laptop at the time. I don't know if it's worth it at this point to invest in it as a whole new game considering I'm two medals away from finishing awards, and the only thing I do nowadays is fly gunship. I won't be playing for another 4-5 months because I'll be so busy. Perhaps it's time to move on.

Comment

I'm pretty sure discounts won't be offered (I was actually in the same situation with halo.....), but if you got the dough, then I would say just get the mac version, and sell the PC one.

All I must say is:

What do think this is, the Steam forums? :shakehead:

That would explain the immature attitude, elitism, and general fail at constructive input.....do us all a favor and quit these forums. :nod:

Hell, quit battlefield, you obviously fail at the social skills needed to be part of a team or squad.

EDIT: Nvm about the selling, your CD was in the laptop.......still might be worth it if you wanna go "teach" the new mac players.....if you know what I mean. :evil:

Comment

I am utterly shocked EA is putting this game out for Mac. I had no idea. *BOGGLE*

Comment

I think it's a good move, if not a little bold. I mean more and more people are getting macs (still no where near the number of PC's though), and it makes sense to try to make games for mac.

Still, I could see this backfiring because of poor sales, not enough advertising, or just plain mac users not liking games.

Comment

Working...
                              X