Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do ppl get mad when killed with RDX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do ppl get mad when killed with RDX?

I was going for my gold explosives pin yesterday, so i picked up my RDX and APMs. I rarely use the RDX, but i had no choice if i wanted that pin. I was getting UAVs at the right time so as soon as i saw a big pile around a corner, i layed down some RDX stepped back and waited for them to aproach. When they approached i blew up 5 guys and shortly after i killed them, i saw in Red "Oh great a C4 spamming n00b". So i replied "FF is on, stop complaining cuz you got blown up."

So what is it about the RDX that just pisses ppl off? Is setting up a C4 trap a "n00b" tactic? If so why aren't grenades pissing people off, they can be thrown furter. I see why ppl get upset when it happens to them in the titan vents and corridors (Because they are so narrow it's a guaranteed kill. But out in the open i don't get it.

I finished that round with 14 RDX kills and as soon as i got my badge i stopped using it or else i felt a kick vote coming my way.

I can't see why they complain when it is FF=On. If you were on a FF=Off server and run up to them and throw it down, only to kill them while you parchute safely back to earth, that's a noob tactic. If you lay a good trap and they stumble into it because they aren't paying attention then tough luck.

Comment

I think RDX has gotten a bad name from the RDX hoppers. People have no reason to get mad on a FF=on, I think they've just gotten used to killed by RDX in an unfair fashion.

Comment

lets face it. no matter what the gun/weapon you use to kill someone, inevitably you will be called a noob for using it.

immaturity is the reason... that's why they complained.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardo View Post
          lets face it. no matter what the gun/weapon you use to kill someone, inevitably you will be called a noob for using it.

immaturity is the reason... that's why they complained.
          Agreed.

People get mad when the unexpected occurs TO THEM, but when doing it TO OTHERS it's labelled, "fun"... It seems to almost be a natural reaction and the folks who have learned to deal with it just shrug it off and either decide to take some vengence or just move on.

For example, I got owned by this "sumthinRonin" dude this morning who was camping the roof of our Titan. He killed me 8 times in a row (my new death streak), no matter what I did. He was better positioned than me and had a better aim... but, my first thought was "how is this noob managing to get the jump on me?" I just did not expect it because I normally camp the top of the Titan and own everyone else! He was just better than me and I had a hard time accepting it at first...

I think that has something to do with our subject here. I've been labelled noob for using Voss, Clark, Tank, Walker and APC. As far as I know, they're in the game for a reason just as RDX and APMs are needed to get your badges!

Comment

Oh man, i remember when i was after my gold explosives badge... After killing the same dudes to the same spot like 6-7 times, the chat started to fill up with "You n00b! Stop spamming!" and all the other sh1t( i can't really post them here)

But i just kept blowing them up for the next few rounds until i got my badge.

You just need to ignore all the 12 year old kids crying about you messing them up...

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
              Oh man, i remember when i was after my gold explosives badge...
              I'm honest to say that I really don't like the RDX-usage anyway because of the hoppers and spammers in general. And this is the reason why I haven't pursued the sniper/explosive badges anymore. For me it is simply not enjoyable to blow people "to pieces"...unlike a good firefight "mano a mano" ;-)

My question is: why are so many people hunting all the badges? Is it necessary to have everything anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Weyoun View Post
                I'm honest to say that I really don't like the RDX-usage anyway because of the hoppers and spammers in general. And this is the reason why I haven't pursued the sniper/explosive badges anymore. For me it is simply not enjoyable to blow people "to pieces"...unlike a good firefight "mano a mano" ;-)

My question is: why are so many people hunting all the badges? Is it necessary to have everything anyway?
                I went after the Gold badge beacuse i had all the requirements to get it. It has always been like that for me. I see that in badge * i have all the hours and all other requirements already i only need * many kills in a round. Then i go for it.

But i gotta admit, time to time setting traps with RDX is really fun, and i don't mean that you run to the flag and bunnyhop around and spam RDX's.

And about the 'mano a mano' thing. I don't know much about those firefight duels(since i play as an sniper most of the time) but i love good fair knife fight

And for some ppl it is a must to get all the badges, but i have a feeling that i ain't gonna get all the badges, it ain't the end of the world for me...

Comment

Originally posted by Skates View Post
                  I can't see why they complain when it is FF=On. If you were on a FF=Off server and run up to them and throw it down, only to kill them while you parchute safely back to earth, that's a noob tactic. If you lay a good trap and they stumble into it because they aren't paying attention then tough luck.
                  i agree

i can care less if im dumb enough to walk right into it but when people just run around on a ff off server just is gay and takes no skill. they care less if they die

Comment

contrary to popular belief, rdx bunny hopping is not as easy as people think. took me a whole week and whole lotta dying to get the right click timing down. :-P

it's not something any 'noob' can just pick up and run with. unlike, say spray and pray with the voss.

my 0.2 cents. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by jojobiz
                      contrary to popular belief, rdx bunny hopping is not as easy as people think. took me a whole week and whole lotta dying to get the right click timing down. :-P

it's not something any 'noob' can just pick up and run with. unlike, say spray and pray with the voss.

my 0.2 cents. :-)
                      :shakehead:

It's really easy to do if you have one or two extra buttons in your mouse..

Comment

FF-off RDXing = n00b (then again, I feel the same way about anything FF-off, so meh).
                        FF-on RDXing = good on ya.

Personally I've never been a big fan of explosives, since I much prefer shooting people with any number of ballistic weapons, but there's nothing wrong with setting RDX traps. I always pack RDX when I'm a sniper and sometimes I'll spot someone coming up the stairs near me, thinking he's going to get a knife kill, so I walk off pretending I don't see him but I'll leave an RDX at the top of the stairs. As soon as he comes up, crouching in anticipation of an APM, I click the detonator. Not as satisfying as putting a Baur round through someone's torso, but still satisfying.

Oh yeah, and frags irritate me far more than RDX (again, FF-on) ever would. Those things have an incredible blast radius and people throw them about like candy. Especially teammates who litter a flag with them that I'm currently in the process of taking. That's when I break out the old 'Page Down' button for some vengeance...

~Wolfgang

Comment

Theres no such thing as a "noob tactic", other than running straight into a firefight, ramming a vehicle, and bunnyhopping (jumping around while engaged to make eliminate accuracy of another player). If you do any of these things on a good server, you're likely to get banned or at least kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by jojobiz
                            contrary to popular belief, rdx bunny hopping is not as easy as people think. took me a whole week and whole lotta dying to get the right click timing down.
                            Easy or not....imho it's lame and cheap if the hopper doesn't die by his own means. I always hated bunnies in all the shooter I have played so far. It ruins the atmosphere *for me*.

Comment

Sometimes it's fun to blow up so called other "n00bs" on FF off servers. And so what if someone calls you an RDX noob? Should I go cry and reflect on it? Hell no. Just don't look in the upper left corner if you can't handle it.

Comment

Working...
                              X