Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the dumbest rule you seen on a server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahh, IDS. I love those guys

Entire clan is banned, but we are not on the list :cry:

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

• The other day I was on a server with a rule

"No shooting at the enemy titan with the titan AA guns."

Made me chuckle.

Comment

• That will be the Timeless servers.

Its a well supported thought that spamming the titan guns at the other titan might contribute to lag.

If you think the server has to track 12ish (?) bullets per second to see if they hit and display splash hits on the shields or ricochets off the hull to nayone watching it probably does. That kind of numbers means its worth ensuring no one firs the gun continuosly without a proper target to shoot at.

Sounds strange I know but the theory behind it is probably sound.

Comment

• Oh, in that case, ban the use of any automatic weapon, machine gun or sub-machine gun. They all spray far too many bullets. LAAAAAAG!!

Seriously, if lag due to the AA guns was an issue, it should be Dice's job to fix it. And it's an easy job, even. Simply make it overheat. The fact that Dice deliberately made it non-overheating makes me think that lag isn't actually much of an issue.

Comment

• Hehe They did fix it. Made the titan non moveable.

Comment

• Non moveable titans are horrible.

I think it's a delicate balance, see the titan AA's are suppose to tear any aircraft around to shreads, they have to, since they are the only line of air defense for the titan (except for an engi with AA of course), and since any transports on the titan are a very bad thing.

If you made them overheat-able, they wouldn't be nearly as powerful as they have to be.

But they probably do contribute to lag.

So it's a dilemma on DICE's part.

Comment

• Originally posted by sol1d [EMAIL="sn@ke
                I"]sn@ke;402875]I[/email] think it's a delicate balance, see the titan AA's are suppose to tear any aircraft around to shreads, [...]

If you made them overheat-able, they wouldn't be nearly as powerful as they have to be.
                I'm a Titan AA gun wh0re (collecting time for the air defense badge and ribbon while I play Titan commander). In less than 90 hours of playtime I've earned 6 Clear Skies Pins with it. Currently it takes about 3 seconds of direct fire to tear an aircraft to shreads. Therefore I assure you, making the Titan AA guns overheatable will not make it less effective for what it's supposed to do, unless you make it overheat VERY quickly. If you make it overheat just as slowly as the Rorsch Kz-27 AA ground defense it'd be just fine.

Comment

• Lets get back on topic lol

Comment

• i just got off a server with a dumb rule, NO ROCKETTS:laugh: straight up no rocketts!!! soon it will be no deadly forcethen no kicking biting or scratching or hitting in the face followed by only firm had shakes allowed on this server...:nod:

Comment

• titan commanders not allowed to leave the titan...

Comment

• I don't remember the exact verbiage, but it was something to the effect of "If there is more than 1 clan member on the map, you must be on opposite sides, except clan xxx."

Hmmm, ironically, it was clan xxx's server. So they can squad up and coordinate, but we couldn't. So I squadded up with a clan mate and we both got kicked shortly thereafter.

Comment

• I love clan servers errr no I don't

I have played some amazing clan servers in BF2 where a clan member would join almost every squad to show thanks and support for the guys playing and the times were good.

50 clicks server ( a UK clan) is good. Don't ever see all the 50k members on one side. Other than that hardly ever play clan servers cause of the grief.

Goodness its bad enough on Timeless and theres no Timeless clan lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by vp2008 View Post
                            dont shoot
                            yes? u called me? =D

Comment

Working...
                            X