2142 texture corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2142 texture corruption

I have often have to deal with random walls of textures in the middle of the battleground- a giant black column in the middle of central camp is a common one but I get them everywhere

I also sometimes get this beauty when scoped:shakehead:

I'm running a 1900xt - not overclocked & have tried 3 different driver versions at this stage & a 2142 re-install

Any Ideas?

Oh and no voss nerfing jokes please

Does these look familiar?

I've been seeing these things all night long. I even tried to downgrade my graphicscards drivers but it didn't help at all.

I don't know what the heck is going on here.

Comment

Try these Drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Widkidone
        Try these Drivers
        Not working for me, since i have Nvidia GeForce 7600GS.

I should have included that to my post....

Comment

clear your cache that fixed my texture issues, if not reinstall and get latest drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Sys.Op. View Post
            clear your cache that fixed my texture issues, if not reinstall and get latest drivers
            I'll try that, i'll post later if it helps or not.

*Edit*

Nope, it didn't help. I joined server, it was alright for a while but then it got all crazy again.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
              Not working for me, since i have Nvidia GeForce 7600GS.

I should have included that to my post....
              Try these or if you like here are some modded dirvers that are good.

Any questions I have a tutorial on how to properly uninstall and install drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Widkidone View Post
                Try these or if you like here are some modded dirvers that are good.

Any questions I have a tutorial on how to properly uninstall and install drivers.
                I gotta try those drivers bit later.

I was just thinking, is there any possible way that this corruption isn't beacuse of my pc?

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
                  I gotta try those drivers bit later.

I was just thinking, is there any possible way that this corruption isn't beacuse of my pc?
                  No. The screenshots that you have provided show that the drivers are bad. Or that the video drivers were not uninstalled/installed properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Widkidone View Post
                    No. The screenshots that you have provided show that the drivers are bad. Or that the video drivers were not uninstalled/installed properly.

Anyways i went back driver before, then i deleted them and did fresh install on the latest drivers..

I just wonder how the drivers can go bad in one round. And this happens only in bf2142.

Comment

I too think that both problems in this thread are driver related. However I would suggest the NVidia user go even older and try drivers 84.21 - 91.47 as these were relesed around the same time as your card. Im still uisng the 84.21's with a 7800GTX.

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin View Post
                        I too think that both problems in this thread are driver related. However I would suggest the NVidia user go even older and try drivers 84.21 - 91.47 as these were relesed around the same time as your card. Im still uisng the 84.21's with a 7800GTX.
                        I think it was 94.?? what i tried without any luck. But if this reinstall doesn't work this problem i gotta start downgrading the drivers again.

I'll post here again later...

*Edit*

So reinstalling didn't work, then i tried those 91.47 drivers and still same sh1t.

Im thinking if this could be heating problem after all... Im gonna do some cleanup later, but now i need some sleep.

Comment

Umm, I had the problem where everything was black and gray. But It was just on that one server.

Comment

Originally posted by sogek1ng View Post
                            Umm, I had the problem where everything was black and gray. But It was just on that one server.
                            I've been having this thing all night long. And my bro tried to play some bf2 and the same problem happens there too.

Comment

I was thinking heating myself.. especially for the OP with his 1900XT. Those things get damn hot since the default fan settings are mildly retarded.

I've gotten those black spikes on rare occassions, and a quick Alt-tab out for 15 secs or so seems to do the trick. When I get back in they are usually gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X