2142 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2142 problem

ok guys my 2142 keeps frezzing up on me at the loading screen about 50-60% any one know what from

When loading maps, I presume?

If so, reinstall

Comment

wow reinsatll lol that would be a last min. resort right now

Comment

Only thing I found to fix it

(Mean reinstall 2142, btw)

I believe it starts when something interrupts the map load process once and corrupts part of the game application. Something related to memory usage.

Comment

I had that problem today lol...

I fixed it by reinstalling the game, its always the first step I take if I can't find a logical reason...

Comment

Originally posted by Yraen View Post
            Only thing I found to fix it

(Mean reinstall 2142, btw)

I believe it starts when something interrupts the map load process once and corrupts part of the game application. Something related to memory usage.
            Yes i think you are right when i had this happen last time , i gave my pc a full tune and clean with system mechanic and it fixed it for me.

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago, I also ended up reinstalling. I had a thought maybe clearing the cache files would do the trick, but that didn't occur to me until after I'd already reinstalled and was waiting for the shaders to optimize again. =P

So maybe try clearing the cache files first, but if that doesn't work, I think your next most expedient solution would just be to bite the bullet and reinstall.

Comment

i had this a lot and used the radial fix. Found it Here

hope it works for you too

Comment

Yeah, a bunch of us had to deal with this a few months ago, all at once. For some removing/reinstalling the PB processes worked, for some deleting cache from My Documents/BF2142 worked, for some removing/reinstalling the game worked, and for some a full Windows reinstall worked. AFAIK, there was no one solution that worked for every single person affected.

Comment

Yea i would recommend reinstalling it. Only takes like 30 mins

Comment

No, no, NO! dont reinstall it unless you really have to, here are the answers right here!

Go here, http://forums.easports.com/mboards/t...708&tstart=195

or here, http://forums.easports.com/mboards/t...962&tstart=390

or here http://forums.easports.com/mboards/t...292&tstart=420

and you will have to read through the posts, I find the last link more useful though.

EDIT: OR if none of those work, you will have to reinstall, you can go to Start/control panel/ add/remove programs/ then remove 2142 THEN delete the 2142 folder, reinstall the game, install patch 1.20, then northern strike if you have it, THEN 1.25, if you dont have NS, then install 1.25 AFTER you have installed 1.20 already. This has happened to me 3 or 4 times so I definately know how to fix it.

Comment

NO need to reinstall
                        just delete the Battlefield 2142 folder in my docs, make backup incase..

might be the logo cache that needs to b deleted im not sure

but doing it solved my problem i had when it occured for me

Comment

This is kinda semi related to the topic.

Has anyone seen this kinda thing before?

Tempeatures are ok, no spyware/viruses, and everything else seems to be ok too. I first time got this when i had my scope up with Zeller. I could see these "streched" enemies. Then i applied to the commander spot, and laid some APM's to cover my a$$, then i noticed how f****d up they were too.

So why this thing happens? How can i fix it? Or is this one of those "im gonna bug you for few days and then i'll solve this myself" kinda problem?

Comment

Working...
                          X