No announcement yet.

Wonky Missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've seen it before... not a lot, but maybe two or three times.

Comment

Yup... looks like a freaked out anti-Titan missile to me.

I've seen anti-Titan missiles freak out plenty. Prolly because I make an effort to capture silos that are almost ready to fire... and don't always manage to get them before they launch. I also took one in the face in my gunship the other night. I woulda been ticked, but I was laughing too hard.

Don't they run BR for official matches?
      Seems to me that if you're going to run anything "official" you'd better have your basic anti-cheating admin setup properly.

Comment

My vote's on missiles. I'm not sure, but judging by the fact that its not losing altitude. Still a close call there; don't know why a tourny server wouldn't have BR on.

Comment

Thanks for all ur replies guys big help! :yay: We do run BR but we had to dig it out before we could challenge the "cheating" accusation. Turns out it was a missile and all fine and dandy now. :nod:

P.S We won 2-0! and we also won the CR league.

Comment

Originally posted by gunner View Post
            Our clan S(a)S (www.sasclanuk.com), was recently acused of "podsurfing" during an offical Combat Revolution match, with this screenie posted on the CR website. Now in my opinion this shows a missile from a silo gone crazy. Can anyone confirm that this is a bug and that we dont "podsurf"?
            I can confirm that missiles go wild. I was flying my gunship near the edge of the map once, and a silo missile fly straight past me (no it wasn't a missile from another gunship or a rocket launcher) and I wasn't at all near any titan or even facing one.

Comment

I was running along under our titan in sidi near the reactor when an ATM slammed into my head, apparently back in the day you could park a titan so missiles would have trouble hitting it. It's pointless now because of the 'don't move past 1st silo' rule.

Comment

Yes, it could very well be a missile. Seen it before a few times and has existed since the beta.

Comment

I've seen missiles freak out enough when the silo goes from one side to neutral while it's in flight. I can only imagine the crazy stunts they'd pull if the silo changed sides really quickly just after launch.
                  It's like it's flying around wondering.... "Which Titan do I hit? Which Titan do I hit?"

Comment

Originally posted by SilverDragon View Post
                    I was running along under our titan in sidi near the reactor when an ATM slammed into my head, apparently back in the day you could park a titan so missiles would have trouble hitting it. It's pointless now because of the 'don't move past 1st silo' rule.
                    What is the "don't move past 1st silo rule"?

Comment

its a missile. It funny when you fly to an enemy titan and see one of those buggers fly past you. Or even when your prancing about on top of a titan and some missiles just fly right over it completely avioding a hit.If you watch a missile launch from a silo you will notice sometimes its bends really awkward.

but yeah thats a missile.

Comment

Originally posted by Eukament View Post
                        What is the "don't move past 1st silo rule"?
                        Some servers have a rule that the commander can't move his Titan past the closest silo to his starting point. Kind of a half-*** compromise to keep the titan guns from raining down hell all over the map all round long, while still having conditions that let the titan protect at least ONE silo with it's guns so it doesn't just become an otherwise-pointless aircraft spawn.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverDragon View Post
                          apparently back in the day you could park a titan so missiles would have trouble hitting it. It's pointless now because of the 'don't move past 1st silo' rule.
                          no, it's not pointless now... there are many commanders/ clans that will intentionally move the titan into a position rendering up to 3 silos useless to the other team, to make for easy, glitched wins... something should be done about the titan exploits, especially for competitive play :shakehead:

Comment

It's definately a missile. Here's a ss I took of a crazy missile and a pod from an APC together...

Comment

Originally posted by Demize99 View Post
                              I have, it can happen if a Silo changes teams just after a missile launches.
                              that explains why titan missles will miss the titan and just crash into the ground then i assume.

that's kinda cool, i always thought that if i didn't turn a silo to white in time before the enemy missle to launched.... that i wasn't quick enough and they got the hit.

sounds like you can still save the day even after the missle launches.

i've never seen a titan missle do the crazy loops as the OP posted, but then again... i don't play much titan.

Comment

I finally saw a wonky missile

Comment

Working...
                                X