Wonky Missiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonky Missiles

Our clan S(a)S (www.sasclanuk.com), was recently acused of "podsurfing" during an offical Combat Revolution match, with this screenie posted on the CR website. Now in my opinion this shows a missile from a silo gone crazy. Can anyone confirm that this is a bug and that we dont "podsurf"?

Looks like pod surfing to me. Never heard of Silo missiles going wild.

Comment

Never seen silo missiles do that

Comment

I have, it can happen if a Silo changes teams just after a missile launches.

Comment

I've seen missiles do strange things, like miss the Titan completely and take out tanks/APCs on the ground under the Titan o.O

I've also seen them do loops when the team on it changes at odd times, so could be that happening. Honestly, doesn't look like a Pod trail to me.

Comment

I've had my gunship taken out by a Titan missile before now.

Comment

Ditto. Don't hover the transport directly over the silo tube when staging for a cap

Comment

sorry mate but my vote is on pod;Ive seen missles follow funny flight paths but nothing like that - could be wrong though just giving u an opinion....

Comment

What is pod surfing, and how is it done? I know it probly sounds like a noob question, but I've only played a week, so...

Comment

Originally posted by caseman View Post
                    Ditto. Don't hover the transport directly over the silo tube when staging for a cap
                    So the missile destroyed the transport that got in it's way... but what aboutthe missle? Did it carry on to the Titan, or was it destroyed as well? Just wondering about that. Would be a cool "Sacrifice Play" if you could maneuver your gunship or (hopefully empty) transport into it's path and keep it from hitting your team's Titan.

Also, I've seen the missiles freak out like that before as well, though I never realzied why that might before Demize99 mentioned what he did.

Comment

you cant pod like that without losing altitude anymore... my bet is on a crazy missile ive seen it before..

Comment

That isn't poddin. I have seen missles go crazy few times.

Comment

Nah thats not pods

Comment

That's a missile, not all that rare really, just bad timing.

Pod surfing would actually get somewhere, too. Just common sense that CR seem to lack...

Comment

eh, if you look at the minimap the only one in the area was squad leader 5 and hes at the wrong angle for that to be him. Besides, I've lost a couple dropships to missiles to go crazy... it's pretty hilarious actually.

Comment

Working...
                              X