Veteran BF2 Pilot to 2142?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran BF2 Pilot to 2142?

Well I'm a pretty good BF2 jet pilot, but after buying 2142 I found out that the new aircraft is like a cross between a helicopter and a jet. And all the aerial maneuvers I used in a jet aircraft don't work with the gunships. I find flying itself is pretty hard. Is it the fact that I'm using a joystick or something? Am I better off with a keyboard/mouse?

Yes..

Comment

I love the "yes" with two dots to make it the five character minimum for a post!

I use keyboard to fly and use the mouse only when engaging.

Comment

I use kb/m with mouse sens jacked to 10 and pitch and yaw set to 7. Probably gonna push the pitch/yaw to 10 next time I think about it. I like my gunship to turn on a dime and give me $0.09 change.

Comment

Originally posted by netwrok View Post
          I use kb/m with mouse sens jacked to 10 and pitch and yaw set to 7. Probably gonna push the pitch/yaw to 10 next time I think about it. I like my gunship to turn on a dime and give me $0.09 change.
          LOL

forget everything you know about bf2 flying

Comment

I use kb/m and I can fly fine in 2142, 2, I suck no matter what.

Comment

ya kb/m is definitely the best option for me, though I know some pilots who swear by the joystick for the gunship. I could never use it right. For me kb/m ftw

Comment

I use a joystick with 4 analog axis'. I think it works pretty well.

Of course if you're planning to be "the best of the best" :P, you just gotta fly 50 hours with kb/m and joystick and then see which is better

Comment

Originally posted by Sys.Op. View Post
                  LOL

forget everything you know about bf2 flying
                  Exactly! Point well taken! hehe.. I've gotten pretty good at the gunship now... but coming from BF2, I was DAMN good with the heli.... but the gunship is definately NOT the same... it's a completely different animal. Some things are similar, but that's about as far as it goes... unlearn all that you have learned.... and learn the gunship anew... you can get it to do things you wouldn't have thought (even with the limitation of the rolling) after you practice enouph.

Comment

Gunship is great if you wanna lower your K/D ratio))

Comment

My advice is to go back to BF2...It's much more fun.

1.More maneuvers...more fun
                      2.Better designed maps
                      3.No stupid SAAW
                      4.Missiles that actually hit something and not wonder off
                      5.TVGM that is much easier to use
                      6.Solo flying
                      7.you don't drop like a brick if you solo
                      8.more skill involved in flying the BF2 chopper

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper 009
                        Well I'm a pretty good BF2 jet pilot, but after buying 2142 I found out that the new aircraft is like a cross between a helicopter and a jet. And all the aerial maneuvers I used in a jet aircraft don't work with the gunships. I find flying itself is pretty hard. Is it the fact that I'm using a joystick or something? Am I better off with a keyboard/mouse?
                        I use a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick with sensitivity, pitch and yaw all on the maximum of 10 and I swear by it.

Comment

i use keyboard only, but if im in the mood for soloing i can easily use the mouse for the tvgs

Comment

Lol... well I have to admit I think EA made it much easier to fly the gunship with a KB/M than it was flying BF2 vehicles with a KB/M. Or maybe it's the flight dynamics. I've gotten fairly well with flying it so far, so I think I'll keep my 3D Pro out of the way until I play BF2. I remember I tried rolling one time, and crashed miserably as my Talon nosedived into the ground xD
                            I haven't changed the sensitivity settings for the pitch/yaw etc., should I raise them higher for looping and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by CyBeRpUnK_CRO View Post
                              Gunship is great if you wanna lower your K/D ratio))
                              endeed stick with a mech if you wanne keep your K/D in high level

Comment

Working...
                              X